Tuesday 1 September 2020

Uniquely Creative - Crafty Friends are the Best Friends

Hi there!! Its still raining (its 8pm Tuesday night in NZ) and after pouring down all afternoon I certainly won't be going gardening again tomorrow. It gives me a chance though to put a second coat on my hallway (well, the first half) and will catch up on some card making too. September is a very busy month for me with cards, lots of New Releases as well as challenge cards, so better not run myself too ragged in the gardening department....





I wanted to share with you today another card I made using the new Stamp and Colour Mini Kit from Uniquely Creative called 'Floral Bunch'. It has the most beautiful large floral stamp and there is a matching die that you can also purchase.

For my card I actually didn't focus on the flowers (strange I know??) but wanted to give some love to the little butterfly image that comes with it:


Often the little stamps get overlooked when we get our stamp sets but they look fantastic en masse and especially in lots of different colours.

I started by stamping the butterfly from the 'Floral Bunch' stamp set (which you can actually purchase separately) using Gina K Amalgam Black ink on Strathmore Watercolour CS. I then used the 'Uniqolour Markers' to watercolour each one, adding more colour towards the centre. Once they were dry I fussy cut them out.

Using some patterned paper from the kit, I die-cut the 'Stitched 10 Window Die' and also twice more from white CS, which I glued together. To add some background interest I stamped the floral image using Altenew 'Sea Glass' ink on the card front, so it wasn't too bright. I then adhered the die-cut panel to the card and popped the butterflies on some foam tape. To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment (from the 'Essential Sentiments' set), fussy cut it out and put on foam tape, along with some Peach, Sunshine and Lavender Pearls.

I'm going to link this as my fourth entry to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


I'm going to go tuck myself up in bed now with my electric blanket. I just discovered two new horror movies on Prime Video that I haven't seen, so think I'll watch one of those while I do some colouring. Although knowing me I'll probably nod off part way through. I just can't stay awake these days, need to stop doing so much during the day and just make cards!!

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. You must have settled on wall colors...take a pic when you finish painting, OK. Don't drop the roller. Incredible colors & symetry on this card. It's stunning. Hope it dries out for you so you can work this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is fantastic! I just had to comment because you did so much with one little butterfly! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete