Wednesday 9 September 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - New Release Previews - Day 3

Hi there!! What an absolutely stunning day we had today. I was sweltering in the garden, wishing I had brought my shorts with me, thank goodness I had a t-shirt. Was such a good feeling to get my work boots and thick socks off when I got home. I'm not gardening tomorrow, doing a second coat of paint on the hallway, nice to have a change from being covered in dirt to being covered in paint!





Its Day 3 of New Release Previews for Funky Fossil Designs. We have another stamp set to share with you today. Introducing 'Winter Wonderland':




I couldn't love this stamp set more, the silhouettes are gorgeous and they can be used for so many different types of cards. For my card I decided to add a little hint of rainbow:


I'm so excited with how this turned out. I hardly ever stamp over an image with another stamp, so this was a step out of the box for me but I think it paid off.

For this card I gathered a rainbow of Catherine Pooler inks and a panel of white CS. Using my MISTI I stamped the single tree image, trying to keep with a rainbow graduation of colours. I then used Versafine Onyx Pigment ink to stamp the deer over top two or three times to get a good coverage of black.

I adhered a panel of black CS to the card front (its 8.5 x 3.5 inches) and then popped the stamped panel on a piece of black foam. To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of black CS, backed it with white CS and put it on foam tape. I decided with all that colour it didn't need any embellishment.

I've had some fantastic comments from people saying how much they love the stamp sets so far, which is brilliant. They will all be available to purchase this Saturday 12th September. To see more cards made with this set pop over to the Funky Fossil Design Blog to see Sarah's cards and more from the rest of the Design Team.  I'll see you back here tomorrow with stamp set no. 4.

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. I knew you'd get a rainbow in there somehow and this one is gorgeous. Looks beautiful with the critter silhouettes. Were you really considering just wearing boots and underwear to garden in. Great way to get a tan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card Shona - love the rainbow of trees!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete