Thursday 10 September 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - September New Release Previews - Day 4

Hi everybody! So happy to see you back here at my blog. I realised last month that I started my blog 7yrs ago and its seems like only yesterday I was trying to work out how to put my first card photo on to it. Now my blog and Instagram are just a part of my every day life, although I could still do with a better looking blog page....





We are already at Day 4 of previews for the Funky Fossil Designs September New Release. We have another cute stamp set to share with you today. Introducing 'Snail Mail':




I've always loved snails and even though they nibble at some of my plants, I could never bear to kill them. I was at a garden a few months ago and the owner was gathering them all up and dropping them into a bucket to drown. She wanted me to do it too but I just couldn't. They may be slimy but they are so gentle and don't hurt anyone...

For my card I wanted to have you see part of an outside scene and got a bit creative with a stencil:


So excited with how this turned out. I'm not very good at cutting any straight lines so please don't look too closely....

I used the 'Through the keyhole' stencil for the red panel. I traced inside the stencil to make the shape on the red CS and then cut it out with fussy cutting scissors.  I put it over the card front and made little dots in pencil so I could see where the keyhole would sit. I then stamped the snail with Gina K Amalgam Black ink on white CS, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I also stamped the envelope (from the 'Christmas Characters' stamp set, its an image of a bird holding the envelope in its claws) with red ink, fussy cut out and glued to the snails back.

Using Distress Ink 'Mowed Lawn' I created grass on the card front with the 'Scenic Borders Stencil' and then used 'Mermaid Lagoon' and the 'In the Clouds' stencil for the sky. I kept putting the red panel over top to make sure it looked good thru the keyhole.

I felt like it needed something else so I stamped the flowers from the 'Snail Mail' set, coloured with markers and fussy cut them out, cutting off the snail climbing up the stem. Using the keyhole over top, I glued them in place so you could just see them. I added the snail and then put the red panel on top with foam tape. To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment on a strip of black CS, put it on foam tape and added some Studio Katia 'Arctic Breeze' pearls.

 To see some more projects made with this stamp set pop over to the Funky Fossils Designs Blog to see what Sarah and the rest of the Design Team created for you. I'll be back tomorrow to show you our final stamp set.

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. You are too, too clever for words. Love the keyhole feature showcasing that adorable snail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOve this peeking through the keyhole idea!! What a fabulous card - and fussy cutting, Shona!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, this is another must-have set for me - the deer, the fungi and so many stencils, and now these snails! I love how creative you've been with the keyhole stencil Shona. It frames Mr Snail so beautifully and I love the background you've given him. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete