Saturday 1 September 2018

AAA Card Challenge #122 (Entry no. 2)

For someone that doesn't use stencils very often, using them twice in two days is very strange indeed!! I'm slowly becoming more confident with them and now I have more products to spread and blend with, I might just have to use a few more, so its good the AAA Card Challenge is all about stencils at the moment!!




I haven't used any of my Distress Oxide inks on a stencil before, so decided to use them on a new Stamplorations 'Emanations' stencil:


I really love the soft, chalky finish and it was so much fun blending all the gorgeous colours together!!

As you can imagine this was super simple to put together. I adhered the stencil over the card front and started with 'Picked Raspberry' first in the middle, followed by 'Squeezed Lemonade', 'Spiced Marmalade', 'Mermaid Lagoon', 'Wilted Violet' and ending with 'Blueprint Sketch'. I went over each colour a few times to try and get the blending as smooth as possible.

I wanted to use a Stamplorations sentiment but didn't have one big enough to stamp directly over the blending without it disappearing. So I die cut a circle of plain vellum (using die from Couture Creations) and heat embossed 'Happy Birthday' from Stamplorations 'Balloons and Banners' with black powder. I added double-sided tape behind the words to adhere to the card, and also glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I've got two other challenges I would like to enter:







Its been a glorious day outside, very Summery and warm. Unfortunately I had to spend a few hours at the hospital with Phoebe this morning. We had to pick her up last night from a sleep-over as she started getting a migraine. She managed to come home and sleep thru the night but woke up with her usual tunnel-vision, which turned into massive pain and vomiting. Her last one was only two weeks ago and she has been on new medication since then but no luck so far. 

She is much better now, thanks to the pain and anti-nausea meds. Will need to take her to the doctor again on Monday to work out a new plan. Feel so bad for her as I can't do anything but be there.

Take care
Shona



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colors! Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blend such vibrant colours. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m very impressed with the depth of colour you’ve achieved, the oxides are so good at this. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete