Wednesday 26 September 2018

MFT Stamps Card Challenge - Color Challenge #101

It was so much fun at the weekend to be able to relax and just make cards. I find it so hard to create when I know there is washing, ironing, vacuuming, toilet scrubbing to do, so its great to have just the cards to worry about for a change!!


I thought this colour combo for the MFT Stamps Color Challenge was so pretty and not colours I would normally put together, so I definitely had to give it a try:
 

I definitely need to use this combo of colours again, especially the red with the blues, its gorgeous!!

I started off by cutting a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front. I then stamped the butterflies from MFT Stamps 'Beautiful Butterflies' using Mama Elephant 'Ocean' ink and Waffle Flower 'Daydreaming' ink, stamping each colour twice using my MISTI. I then stamped the top detail layer with black ink. 

I cut a panel of black CS and adhered to the card front and then popped the butterfly panel up on a piece of black foam. I die-cut the MFT Stamps 'SMILE' die from a red paint chip and then twice more from black CS, glued them all together and then to the card. And to add in the peachy colour from the challenge colour combo I stamped the rest of the sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Raving Racoons') using Hero Arts 'Fresh Peach' Shadow ink. The strip was adhered to the card front along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I've got Max home from school today as the itch on his legs just hasn't gone away. Its driving him nuts, especially at night time. Have just tried to make a doctors appointment but they are booked up for the rest of the week. The nurse is going to give me a call back soon to see if she can recommend something but if nothing helps I'll have to take him to the After Hours clinic tonight. So frustrating when you can't just fix something quickly yourself!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. What a stunning card Shona - love how you have used the colours!
    Do hope you get some relief for Max soon - it's apian trying to get into the doctors here, too.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete