Wednesday 5 September 2018

The Flower Challenge #24

Hi everyone, welcome to September!! Yes another month has disappeared and I'm still no closer to having a decent Christmas card stash but I'm working on it....A new month though means a new challenge theme at The Flower Challenge!





Its everyone's favourite challenge theme 'Anything Goes', which means you can create whatever you want!! This is a great chance to use all those floral stamps and dies you've purchased over the last few months that are still sitting unused (I have quite a few.....) and give them some love!!

And this month we are very lucky to have CAS-ual Fridays Stamps providing a $25 gift voucher for the winner of the challenge. They have just had a New Release and the stamps are amazing!!!




For my card, as CAS-ual Fridays Stamps are supplying a prize (and I'm on their Design Team...), I decided to create my card using their products. And I had an idea on how to use one of their stamps in a completely different way....:


I really needed a  thank-you card to give to someone. I wanted it to be pretty but also clean and simple. And flowers on a thank-you card are always quite nice I think, especially for a fellow gardener!

I cut a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS slightly smaller than my card front. This is where I used a stamp a bit differently. I grabbed the hot-air balloon image from CFS 'Floating'. The balloon part is made up of lots of flowers, so I stamped it in each corner of the panel with Versamark ink and heat embossed in white. I then used my mini-blending tool and Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry', 'Abandoned Coral', 'Worn Lipstick' and 'Spun Sugar to colour each corner and blend together in the middle.

For the sentiment I die-cut the CFS 'thanks' die from gold CS and also twice more from white CS, and glued them all together. It didn't look quite right sitting on the panel by itself, so I decided to add a thin strip of white CS to break up the pink and glued the sentiment on top. The panel was then adhered to the card base and I glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

You have until Tuesday 25th September to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and we will be back on the 15th with some more ideas for using your floral products. I'm so looking forward to seeing your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. Just adore that you've stretched the hot-air balloon die to make the bunches of posies for your card. Clever, clever, clever. And that luxurious, rich pink...yummy. Dissecting the card with the sentiment is perfect and the white strip really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to think outside the box with your stamp set, Shona. Those flowers look great with the different colors of inky background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creativity Shona! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colour combo here Shona and the flowers have a lovely lacey feel to them too.Well done again ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely Shona, love the way the colours vary on the flowers.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shona love how you have used this fabulous stamp from CAS-ual Friday. The card looks brilliant, love it.

    ReplyDelete