Monday 3 September 2018

Your Next Stamp Challenge #97

Its raining again....what a surprise!!! I don't remember EVER having such a wet Winter, its crazy! I've missed so many gardening days and I'm so behind but what can I do, Mother Earth is just having 'a moment' so will have to wait for her to run out of water!!





The one good thing about all this rain is that it inspired me to make a card for the current Your Next Stamp challenge that involved lots of raindrops and two little chicks who are enjoying the weather:


To start with I stamped the chicks (from YNS 'Puddles of Fun') using Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS. I coloured them with Altenew Artist Markers and die-cut using their co-ordinating dies.

For the background I cut a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front and die-cut the top portion with the YNS 'Raindrop Die'.  To make the raindrops stand out I adhered a piece of blue CS behind them. For the bottom of the panel I added some Distress Ink 'Mermaid Lagoon' to an acrylic block, sprayed with water and then smooshed on the panel. I dried it with a heat gun and did it again to add some different colours with the layering.

I put a panel of grey CS on the card front and then popped the raindrop panel up on foam tape. The sentiments (from the same YNS set) where heat embossed in white on the same grey CS and put on foam tape. And I used Glossy Accents to add some clear drops from Studio Katia.

I'm also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


As its Monday afternoon and its been raining all day (and still is....) I don't think I'll be going far again tomorrow. I'll just have to make more cards....what a shame....wink, wink.....

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Shona, once again you've taken cuteness and extended it. The chicks are darling but that puddle is what stopped me cold. It's beautifully done. I love it with the diecut background. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too darn cute...love your sweet duckies splashing in the water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shona, loving this card! The water and background are perfect for the little chicks! Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

    ReplyDelete