Thursday 6 September 2018

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - 'Girl Friday' September #1

Hello there, hope your having a fabulous week!! Mine hasn't been too bad so far, its rained a bit, now its cold and there is a bit of sunshine too so its a bit of a mixed bag. And I seem to be on a bit of a card making binge at the moment, which I haven't done for a very long time. All these rainy days at home have given me ample time to create, so I'm bombarding you with cards galore!!

I'm up on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Blog today with my first of two cards this month. For this card I wanted to mix a bit of 'young and old', using a brand new stamp set and an older one, to show that if the stamp set is a good design, it can be used for years and never be out of date:


Its the beginning of Spring here in New Zealand but on the otherside of the world Autumn will be starting soon, with the gorgeous leaf colours and colder days. I love this time of year because I have Daphne bushes in my garden that smell divine, my fruit trees are blossoming and there are magnolia flowers everywhere. So this card is for all my friends on the 'otherside'!!

I started by cutting a panel of black CS and adhering to the card front. I then cut a slightly smaller panel of white CS. I gathered up some 'Autumn leaf' coloured inks from Altenew, Hero Arts and Waffle Flower and stamped the solid leaves from 'Autumn Blessings'. I used my MISTI so I could stamp them all twice to get good ink coverage. I then stamped the smaller leaves and acorn to fill in the gaps. And to add a bit more detail I stamped the leaf veins in a dark chocolate colour.

I stamped the fox from 'Bushy Tailed' in black on white CS, coloured him with pencils and then die-cut with the 'Foxy Banner Fri-dies'. I adhered the leaf panel to the black CS and popped the fox up on foam tape. I also stamped another acorn, fussy cut it out and put it on foam tape between his paws. I stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set) in black on white CS, fussy cut out and blended some Distress Ink 'Gathered Twigs' gently around the edge. This was put on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.


I'm going to link this card to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Stamp it on'.


If your interested in any of the products I used today or are planning on doing any shopping at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps your more than welcome to use my special code to save yourself some money!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you get a chance to create today!!

Take care
Shona





3 comments:

  1. You're really creating a storm of creativity, aren't you. Every day I get to see more of these fabulous cards. Love this little squirrel, the background leaves (so appropriate) and the way you've fussy cut the sentiment. Looks very autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Autumnal card for those on the 'otherside' Shona :)
    It's currently blowing a gale here, but the tulips and daffodils are still bravely flowering. My Daphne is almost over, and the local Magnolia tress are a real show here this year as the flowers have not been burnt with frosts.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete