Friday 14 September 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Entry #2)

Last weekend I spent a lot of time watercolouring some of my new stamps. I really enjoyed myself and was really happy with the results using my Zig Real Color Brush Markers (which I used to have a love/hate relationship with.....). I've had all the fussy cut images sitting on my desk since Sunday afternoon and finally had some time this afternoon to get a few of them on cards!!



The theme for this weeks Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Pop it Up' and I knew that was exactly what I wanted to do with this beautiful whale image:


I've been dreaming about this 'Flower Whale' from Lesia Zgharda stamps for so long and when they recently had a Summer sale of 30% off, I saw it as a sign to finally purchase it, along with some others that I loved. Isn't it gorgeous!!!

I stamped the whale with Versafine black ink on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS and immediately heat embossed with clear powder. I then used a water brush and my Zig Real Color Brush Markers to colour her in, leaving the tummy a soft grey colour. After drying I fussy cut her out and added foam tape to the back.

I knew that my new Right At Home 'Watercolor Background' stamp would make a fabulous background for the whale, so I stamped it on a panel of white CS using Distress Oxide ink in 'Tumbled Glass', so it was a similar colour to the whale and the 'chalkiness' of the ink gives it a softer look too. I cut the panel down so it was slightly smaller than the card front and popped it up on a piece of white foam.

For the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp 'Kind Flowers') I stamped it on a thin strip of white CS in black ink and put on foam tape as well, along with some pink, clear and light blue sequins from Neat and Tangled. I'm over the moon with how it turned out!!!

Its only 10.50pm Friday night but its been the busiest week of gardening I've had for three months. I didn't have one 'rainy day off' and worked long days, which I loved but now I'm exhausted. It was so hot today I thought I was going to pass out (mainly because I was planting up against a white brick wall) but I was so happy to be outside. I've got a few more cards to share with you tomorrow but for now my bed is calling my name!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Shona - love that image!! I too have been gardening the past couple of days, and it is wonderful to get outside!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't win this challenge, Shona, I'll be really upset! What a gorgeous card... and that whale!!! WOW she's fantastic!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apears that your dreams came true...this coloring is absolutely fabulous. Well worth the win. She's one stunning whale of a whale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen this flower whale before but it's brilliant and you have made it shine, in fact I adore everything about your card design Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Shona! Your whale stamp is lovely and looks just perfect with the background you've created.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete