Thursday 27 September 2018

Altenew September Inspiration Challenge

Its been another strange day today. After Max having hives since Monday afternoon, he finally came down with a bad cold/flu last night, so is feeling awful (and not so itchy) today. He won't be going to school tomorrow and its not a nice way for him to start the two weeks of school holidays. Phoebe is also home today as she has had a bad headache. Luckily it hasn't turned into a migraine and she will be back to school tomorrow. The weather is cloudy with a cold wind and hot sun, very peculiar....





Over the past weekend I was able to make a card for this months Altenew Inspiration Challenge. It must be so hard for them to choose winners as the entries are all so incredible.  For my card I decided to mix a bit of the old with the new:


Funnily enough when I was looking at the challenge colours over the weekend I kind of thought the lighter colour was more of a pale lavender. Now I'm looking at it again it seems to be a bit more pink.....I really need to get my eyes checked!!

I started off by using some of the outline stamps from Altenew 'Beautiful Day' and stamping all over the card front using Altenew 'Lavender Fields' ink. I then stamped the flower and leaves (from the same set) using Altenew 'Soft Lilac', 'Lavender Fields' and 'Midnight Violet', and 'Frayed Leaf' and 'Forest Glades'. I fussy cut them out and adhered in the bottom corner of the card front.

Using the Altenew 'Caps Bold Alphabet Dies' I die-cut 'LOVE' from some white CS x2. I then blended on some white CS with Distress Oxide inks 'Shaded Lilac' and 'Wilted Violet' and die-cut this with the same dies. I glued all the letters together and popped them up on foam tape. For the rest of the sentiment (from Altenew 'Floral Shadow') I stamped it in black on a strip of white CS, popped it on foam tape and glued on some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is the ever popular 'Anything Goes'.

 
We've just come back from taking Phoebe for her regular Orthodontist appointment for her braces and in an hour Phoebe and I are going to get our hair cut (just a trim off the length). Max will be dropped off at my Mum's with my ipad so he doesn't have to wait and listen to women gossip at the hair salon. Then we can come home and relax....well they can while I quickly take the dog for a walk, bring in the washing and get dinner organised. A woman's work is never done!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a week you are having - sounds as though the cold virus may have been the problem with the hives... weird how our bodies react to foreign invaders!! hope both the kidos recover soon.
    Love your card Shona- what a fabulous use of the colours!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, women's work is never done. We have to make cards but none I've seen lately as beautiful as this one. The colors are jaw-dropping...I'm actually sitting here drooling. All my digits are crossed that you win the challenge...this card is soooooo worthy.
    Think the weather change might have caused the kids to get sick? Hope they feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's so beautiful Shona, love the big bold sentiment!

    ReplyDelete