Friday 31 August 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Don't you hate it when you want to take a photo of a card but need to wait for something to dry first??? That's what happened with this card, which I made for the SSS Flickr Challenge but I couldn't get my Glossy Accents to dry quick enough and lose the 'milky' look before the sun disappeared yesterday. So instead I came home after work today and photographed in the sun (luckily it was just before it suddenly turned dark and poured with rain.....) to add to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge instead!!





I hadn't used the single flower images from the SSS 'Beautiful Flowers' set and felt like doing some watercolouring with my Zig Real Color brush markers, while watching some Netflix....a wonderful combo:



I've used this SSS stamp set so often, its a wonder it hasn't fallen apart. The flowers are so fabulous to colour with paints, pencils or any colouring medium. I like colouring flowers with deep, large petals, its easier for me to work out the shading than on a flat image.

I started off by stamping the flowers on Strathmore Bristol Smooth CS with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossing. I used a waterbrush and the three Zig markers to colour each flower, going back for seconds and thirds after each layer had dried. Once I was happy I fussy cut them out. I worked out how they would sit on the card front, adhered them together and added foam tape to the back.

I wanted a background but nothing too colourful or patterned, so I used the three flower stamps and did second generation stamping using Waffle Flower 'Like a Pro!' ink, to create a softer image. I then popped the flowers in the middle.

The SSS 'hello' die was die-cut 3x from black CS, glued together and then on to the flowers. I added lots of Glossy Accents to make it shine. The rest of the sentiment (from SSS 'Beautiful Day') was white heat embossed on black CS and put on foam tape, along with sequins from Neat and Tangled.


As usual I'm typing this post around dinnertime but since its Friday night it means I don't need to rush to my stove-top to create a masterpiece as Pizza Hut will be doing it for me!! 

Phoebe has gone away to a friends for the weekend so I might set myself up in her bedroom with my craft stuff, so I can watch her Apple TV and pretend I have my own craft room. It will be extra good tomorrow night when Dave is watching the Rugby. We don't go near the tv when he's doing this as he makes so much noise yelling at the ref and screaming out encouragement for the All Blacks. I'll stay in my 'craft room' and scream out my thanks to Jennifer McGuire and her amazing ideas instead!!

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Incredible coloring and terrific color combo. Love that you used the flower for the soft background. Looks like you are a fussy cutting master, too. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors. I love that the flowers are softly stamped in the background. This is really pretty. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete