Wednesday 15 August 2018

Simon Says Stamp - Flickr Challenge #103

A few weeks ago I finally worked out how to use Flickr and get my photos uploaded to join the SSS Flickr Challenge #102. Well, you wouldn't believe it but I was a random winner of a $25 gift voucher, so of course I had to join again, they won't be able to keep me away now.....





For the current Simon Says Stamp - Flickr Challenge #103 the theme is 'Birthdays', which is quite funny as its actually my birthday this coming Friday!!

This is where its gets tricky......the card I created is one I came up with in the shower (I think about all sorts of things while doing my hair....) and it actually worked out as I imagined!! Its a very flat 'one-layerish' design but because it has a few folds its hard to photograph all at once. So I'm not sure how to put it on Flickr but I'll show you all the photos here so you see what I mean:


Okay, so this is how the card looks when you pull it out of the envelope. Then.....


You lift the top panel and it shows the full flower image. Then......


You open the floral panel to the right and expose the middle of the card.
Ta-da!!! 

Basically its a piece of white CS that's 11inches by 8.5inches and I cut out one corner of it! I used my line-trimmer to cut down to 5.5 inches, turned it around and then cut from there out to the edge, so one rectangle was removed. Does that make sense??? I then folded along the middle line and top-fold line.

I cut a piece of clear vellum and heat embossed the sentiment from SSS 'Beautiful Flowers' and adhered behind a rectangle I die-cut from the top panel using a die from Couture Creations. I then stamped the large floral images (from the same SSS stamp set) and coloured with my pencils, adding blue around the whole image. And lastly I stamped the inside msg from the same stamp set and some Neat and Tangled sequins to the front. 

Its a very clean and simple design that folds completely flat but has a lot to it!! I'm really happy with it and hope I explained it properly....

I'm also going to link this to The Cats Pajama's Challenge #349 where their theme is 'Birthdays'.


And I'm also going to link to The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge under the 'Beginner' section as I feel I've only really started getting into my colouring lately and have so much more to learn.


Now I just need to work out how to put all these photos on to Flickr so they can see how the card works. If you have any questions, please let me know. I could always get my daughter to video me while I cut out the basic card shape if that helps, as my description isn't always the best....

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Shona!!! What a great idea - you've explained it perfectly! LOve this gorgeous card in our TCP gallery! Thanks for playing!
    =]

    ReplyDelete