Thursday 16 August 2018

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #23

Hi everyone, its up to Thursday for us here in NZ and the weather is just glorious!! Spring has come a whole month early but I don't want to enjoy it too much because I'm sure we will get hit with a huge snowstorm or something out of the blue..... Someone told me today that since the weather has turned 'Springy' early, it means we will have a really hot Summer.....fingers crossed!!


Our current theme at The Flower Challenge is 'One-layer card' and we already have some incredible entries in the Gallery. You still have another 10 days till the challenge finishes, so hopefully you can whip up a one-layer wonder or even join for a second or third time!!

For this card I went super-super simple and very CAS (Clean and Simple). Was channeling my inner Sandie of London Days. She runs the Time Out Challenge and creates such amazing CAS designs. Hopefully she will like this one:


I love dry embossing but for some reason I have a lot of trouble doing it with my Cuttlebug. I used the soft mat and change to both B plates but it still is a problem. So I used my 'kiwi ingenuity' and cut up a large cereal box into card-base sizes and add layers of those depending on what I'm embossing. Its a bit fiddly but works a treat!!

I started off by stamping the Concord and 9th 'Blooms Fill-in' stamp with my MISTI on some white CS. I didn't ink up the whole stamp as I only wanted one of the floral images. I stamped it 3x with Hero Arts 'Bubblegum' Shadow Ink. I used Waffle Flower 'You Said What?' to stamp the yellow centre detail, and then die-cut out with the co-ordinating die.

Using the same die I die-cut the floral shape from the middle of the card front. I then set up my Cuttlebug to dry emboss two sizes of the Studio Katia 'Stitched Oval dies' to add interest but no layers. I adhered a small piece of white CS behind the die-cut space so I could inlay the pink flowers. I then used the MISTI again to stamp the sentiment from Concord and 9th 'Brushed Blossom' a few times with Versafine black ink. And to finish off I glued on some clear and pink sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #24, where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


You have until Saturday August 25th to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and pop over to the blog to see what else the rest of the Design Team have created to give you some ideas. Look forward to seeing your projects in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

4 comments:

  1. Clever girl...you know how I love dry embossing and this is my idea of perfection. Figuring out your embossing sandwich really paid off in this case. Love the CAS vibe, when done right, it's glorious and this is done right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beauful CAS card Shona, love your delicate flowers and the embossed oval too.Enjoy your Spring, our Summer is almost over now but it's been the hottest for many years.Hope you get a good Summer too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty, Shona! I am very partial to minimal layers and this is a great way of achieving that look. Very clever trick - I've never had success with embossing with dies, I might have to try this! :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Where Creativity Meets C9!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty cas card mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete