Friday 11 December 2020

Uniquely Creative - Koala-la-la-la

 Hello there!! How I wish Santa would bring me an irrigation system for Christmas!! Unfortunately I have only one hose and a sprinkler, so I use my phone to time 12 minute intervals to go out and move it. Not much fun but it could be worse, we could be on water restrictions but with all the rain we had in November I don't think that will be happening.....


I've got another card to share with you using the Uniquely Creative 'Aussie Christmas 2' Mini Stamp and Colour Kit. This has been ridiculously popular, especially with all of the Australian Subscribers. For this card I used a koala which couldn't be more 'Aussie' if he tried:


I stamped the large tree image from the 'Oh Christmas Tree' stamp set and the koala from the 'Aussie Christmas 2' stamp set, which comes with the kit, on white CS using Gina K Amalgam Black ink. I coloured them with my Altenew Artist Markers and then cut out with the 'Aussie Christmas 2 Fussy Cutting Die' and 'O Christmas Tree Fussy Cutting Die'.

I cut a piece of patterned paper from the kit so it was slimmer than the card front and popped it up on a piece of white foam. I then used foam tape to add the Christmas tree and then the koala on top. The sentiment was cut from the sentiment strips that come with the kit. I backed it with some red CS and put it on foam tape, along with some 'Silver Rhinestones' 

Time to go move my sprinkler for the millionth time and then have some dinner. It rained yesterday but after the crazy winds we had today none of the moisture is left. Mother Nature is a bit all over the place at the moment. Maybe she needs a holiday too....

Take care

Shona 

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could send you the guy who did my irrigation system. He's really good & inexpensive. Two days & your system would be finished. I doubt he'd be willing to go to NZ.
    Anyway your card is super cute. That koala is a-dor-a-ble and I love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute that Koala is Shona!! love how you have used him, and the whole card is so beautifully coloured too.
    Know what you mean about the weather - I have been planting up DD's garden today as there is no garden at the rental - I just hope she remembers to water it tonight...
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete