Saturday 5 December 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - New Home

 Hi there, have just turned on all my Christmas lights. Its so bright on our verandah in front of our house, which of course I love. And I have lots of lights in the trees and along the fenceline, so you can see it from miles down the street. I did it all myself over a few days which I'm pretty proud of. My husband doesn't like it and won't let me put our address in the paper of houses with lights, so I just tell everyone I meet!!


I thought I'd give you a 'non-Christmas' card to look at today for a change. I'm short around 20-odd cards so I've been trying to make them for days. My husband works for a house building company and every now and then he asks me for a card to give to the people when they hand over the key:


I haven't shown my husband this card yet, its probably a bit too colourful for his liking but I had so much fun colouring it and adding lots of yellow, I'm sure I can pass it on to someone somewhere that is lucky enough to have a new home!!

I started by stamping the house image from the 'A5 Whimsy Town' stamp set on white CS using Gina K Amalgam Black ink, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. 

I decided to try something different for the background and used the 'Snow Globe' stencil. I blended Distress Ink 'Black Soot' for the stand of the globe and then 'Salty Ocean' for the globe itself, making it lighter  towards the centre. I then used 'Mustard Seed' and the 'Rooftops' stencil stars to sit behind the house. I popped the house on some foam tape and white heat embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set) on red CS (to match with the roof), put that on foam tape as well and finished off with some yellow pearls from Studio Katia.

Its nearly 9.30pm and I still haven't gotten around to having any dinner. Phoebe is out with friends tonight and Max spent the afternoon with friends, so he's chilling in his room. Dave has just gone to bed so I have the lounge room to myself. Feel like watching something funny, so will see if I can find some Robin Williams somewhere, he always makes me laugh.

Take care

Shona

2 comments:

  1. Love the card. Must be as bright as your house which sounds like it can be seen from outer space. Tell Dave to "lighten up" so you can put your house on the newspaper's list. Eat something first then watch Mrs. Doubtfire. I love when his boobs catch fire, always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shona, I can't imagine not loving this darling card! Just fabulous, my friend!
    Patch Adams for the win - you'll laugh, and cry!
    =]

    ReplyDelete