Wednesday 16 December 2020

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #51

 Hi everybody!! As usual I've had a strange couple of days so far this week. The weather Sunday and Monday were so cold, I had to get out my Winter pj's yet again. And it was so windy!! Today (Tuesday as I write this) has been extremely hot, no one knows what to do with themselves. I haven't been gardening today as I received two cortisone injections in both shoulders this morning for 'Reactive Bursitis' so fingers crossed that will kick in, in a few days. I wasn't allowed to do anything too strenuous so have been sweating at home while making some Christmas cards.


We have a great challenge theme at The Flower Challenge this month 'Add Embellishments', so you can get out all those bits and bobs and put them on your floral projects.

For my last card I used my favourite embellishments - sequins and pearls (from Studio Katia). This time I wanted to make them one of the main parts of my design:


Who knew this card would be so hard to photograph??? I usually only take photos of flat cards for slimline designs but this happened:


The photo itself is fine but you can hardly read the sentiment, let alone know that its sparkly gold. 

For this card I wanted to do some die-cutting, so I die-cut the 'Outline Floral Frame' die from Simon Says Stamp 2x from red CS. I glued one to the card front and then glued back in some of the flower petals. The second layer was then glued on top to add more dimension.

Using gold pearls from Studio Katia, I glued them to the middle of the flowers and also as 'berries' on the round parts of the frame. I kept the sentiments simple, using a Couture Creations circle die on the same red CS. I heat embossed the sentiment (from Simon Says Stamp/Gina K Designs 'Joy of the Season' from last year) using WOW! Metallic Gold Embossing Glitter and put on some foam tape.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge #164 where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

You have until Friday 25th December to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and the rest of the DT have some incredible ideas for you on the blog.

I'm afraid I'm sad to say that this is my last challenge as part of the Design Team. I've been a part of The Flower Challenge family since the beginning 4yrs ago and have loved every minute of it. Its time for a change and to let someone else have the joy of being part of this amazing team of women. Thanks so much to Aileen for inviting me and to Viv for keeping the team organised. I'm going to miss the challenge terribly and will definitely be joining as a participant next year. Time to take a break, recharge and hit 2021 with a bang.

Hugs

Shona 

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card as usual Shona and you will be sorely missed as a member of our lovely team Shona. We wish you all the best for the future and hope to see you in our gallery soon too...or else! hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever of you tuse this cover die. It sure works well for the challenge. I'll miss you on the challenge...I can depend on you to inspire me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Shona! I love how you've used the gold pearls for the berries. You will be missed at The Flower Challenge. All the best with your shoulder problems. Have a wonderful Christmas and best to you in 2021! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your shoulders got better now. Red and gold is a chic mix of colors! Love the simple look of your card and lots of gold pearls in it!!! You and your cards will be missed in our team, Shona! Hoping to see your cards often in the gallery! Merry Christmas and wishing you all the best in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping by again to say....thanks for all the amazing cards all year and Happy Christmas to you and your family too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete