Thursday 10 December 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #176

 Hello there!! Its getting closer to the end of the week, hopefully yours has gone well and your slowly getting yourself organised for Christmas. I finally did some online shopping this week and started my baking, so far I've made 14 dozen cookies with a few more to go. All my gardening people seem to love them, so I take a plate and card to each of them on my last day of gardening before taking a break over Christmas.


We have some words to inspire you for the current TIME OUT  challenge. I really enjoy the word inspiration ones because you have so much to use for ideas, like one word in particular or maybe how the whole phrase affects you.....

The Sponsor for this challenge is the always fabulous Newtons Nook and they are very generously giving a $25 gift voucher to the winner. And they have so many new release goodies to choose from too!


For my card I was going to go with an angel theme but I then got thinking about things with wings and got a little side-tracked:


Not your usual angel but pretty cute nonetheless. I always thought the saying 'if pigs could fly' was hilarious and the thought of seeing pigs roaming the skies, oinking away definitely makes me smile. Although the 'poo' situation would be a bit more dramatic than if it was a bird....

I started by stamping images from Funky Fossil Designs 'Hogs and Kisses' and 'Bee's Knees' on white CS with Gina K Amalgam Black ink. Of course I used my favourite Altenew Artist Markers to colour them in and fussy cut them out.

On the card front I blended Distress Ink 'Salty Ocean' over the Funky Fossil Designs 'In the Clouds' stencil, and 'Mowed Lawn' over the 'Scenic Borders' stencil. I then used Gina K Connect Glue to pop the images in place. To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment from Funky Fossil Designs 'Whimsy Town', put it on foam tape and glued on some Studio Katia pearls for a bit of shine.

You have until Wednesday 16th December to link your projects to the TIME OUT   challenge and if your needing any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our talented Guest Designer Jenny of My Paper Epiphany have created for you. Looking forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care

Shona

 

3 comments:

  1. I just love the scene you have created here. If pigs could fly, indeed! Love your coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This scene does my heart good...pigs being my spirit animal. Full of beautifully colored fun and fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun take on our quote and sure made me laugh-your description of how you got here was so fun! And the mic of stamps and subtle background works to make a superb scene. I love the touches of white highlights you have used-love them xx

    ReplyDelete