Friday 14 February 2020

Uniquely Creative - Your Possumbilities are Endless

Well its Friday here in NZ and its a welcome end to the week. Max has been off school all week with the flu and an ear infection. He's going on camp on Sunday morning with his school and should be okay to go (I hope!!). And its been gorgeous weather all week. My Mum told me this morning that its been 55 days since we've had rain, the longest for any place in the country, so no wonder everything is so dry!! Its supposed to rain on Monday so crossing all my fingers and toes....

I've got another card to share with you using the Uniquely Creative - Stamp and Colour Kit - Summer that had me using some of my Alcohol inks:


I've been a little intimidated by my Alcohol inks as I'm not entirely sure how to use them or get them to do what I want. But thinking about a swimming pool on a Summer's day seemed the perfect time to try them out!!

I started off by using the 'Flamazing' stamp set that comes in the kit, stamping the possum on white CS using Gina K Amalgam Black ink. I coloured him with my Altenew Artist Markers and then used the 'Flamazing Fussy Cutting Dies' to cut him out.

On some Tim Holtz Yupo paper I added some Ranger Alcohol ink in 'Aqua' and Alcohol Pearl 'Tranquil'. I dropped on some Alcohol Blending Solution and blew thru a straw to gently move the colours around. Once I was happy I left it to dry.

Using the Cross-stitch Circle Frames Dies I cut some of the pink CS that is in the kit and adhered to the card base (which is also in the kit). I then die-cut the Yupo paper with the smaller frame die, gluing the frame part to the pink CS and popping the middle up on some white foam. I put the possum on some foam tape and then white heat embossed the sentiment (from the 'Lazy Days' stamp set, which is an 'add-on' for the kit) on a strip of black CS and adhered with some foam tape under the end. And to finish off I glued on some 'Crystalline Sequins'.




I hope you end up relaxing this weekend like this possum. After getting Max off to camp on Sunday morning I then have to prepare Phoebe to go on camp on Monday but just for one night. It does mean though that Dave and I will have a night with no children, which has only happened one other time in nearly 15yrs. Good grief, will have to talk to him, might have to think up some talking points.....lol...

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this card Shona - the background using the AI's is fabulous!
    We are dry enough up here to have crunchy grass... couldn't tell you how long since we have had rain!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll pray for rain for you if you'll pray for us. We're in the same boat. The good part is that your considerable talent is still working. What a terrifically fun card this is. Wish I could relax like this possum.

    ReplyDelete