Thursday 6 February 2020

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #154

Hi there everybody!! Its a public holiday for us in New Zealand today but unfortunately I had to work. I've spent months working on a huge garden for a wedding tomorrow (Friday) and been there every day this week doing last minute weeding and dead-heading of flowers. It looks amazing but kind of glad the pressure is now off.





I'm wanting to remind you today about our current theme for the TIME OUT challenge. Its all about being 'Affectionate' which means so many different things to people. It also means there are so many ways you can express it on your project, can't wait to see them all!

Our Sponsor for this challenge is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and they are giving a $25 gift voucher to the winner. They are so generous!!




For my card I was actually inspired by a magazine I was reading at a doctors office this week. It showed all these gorgeous celebrities wearing dresses with a pink/red colour combo and I thought it looked amazing. So decided to try it out on my card with a touch of light blue:


Loving these colours together, will definitely be doing this combo again!!

I started off by white heat embossing the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Heart to Heart' stamp on watercolour CS. I then watercoloured the hearts using Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Candied Apple'. I also painted the circles with 'Tumbled Glass'. Once it had dried I fussy cut around the edges. I was going to put it on the card as one piece but realised I could create two smaller panels by cutting two rows from the middle, so did that instead.

I added a piece of grey CS to the card front and then popped the painted hearts on foam tape. For the sentiment I found some red CS similar to the red watercolour, so white heat embossed it (from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Pretty Posies') and put it on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'With Love'.


You have until Wednesday 12th February to link your projects to the TIME OUT  challenge and if your needing some inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our fabulous Guest Designer Mugdha of Craftomania has created for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. such a clever way to use this stamp and I adore the colours and how you cut it out-looks fab on the grey base-super card. Sounds like you are busy but must be fun with all these Weddings x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Look at that coloring...such a cheery, fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous Shona - love those touches of blue, they really bring the card to life, as does the split panel
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete