Sunday 16 February 2020

Funky Fossil Designs - Butterfly Kisses

Its Sunday morning here and I've just dropped Max off at his school. He's off to camp today with another class, since he was too sick to go on Thursday. Luckily he has a lot of his good friends going today so he's really happy and after being sick for nearly two weeks, he's looking forward to being outside. 

Now I'm just waiting for Phoebe to tidy up her room so we can go thru what she's taking to camp tomorrow and will then go off to buy her a sleeping bag, raincoat etc. After not raining for nearly 60 days its been spitting today and rain is forecast for Monday night/Tuesday, so not the best timing but we sure need it!!



I've been watching a bit of Netflix lately (just finished Part 2 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch) and doing some colouring with my Funky Fossil Designs stamp sets. I created a card with what I coloured recently and thought I'd share it with you and let you know about a sale going on this weekend:


I've been trying to use other colours lately instead of just pastels and green is always so fresh with white, so really like this combo.

I started by stamping the butterfly from the 'Butterfly Wishes' stamp set on white CS using Gina K Amalgam Black ink. I coloured it with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out.

For the background I used the 'Butterfly Heart' stencil. I blended Distress Ink 'Cracked Pistachio' in the middle and Catherine Pooler 'Aquatini' around the outside. I've seen a lot of cards lately with black and other dark colour inks splattered over the backgrounds, so decided to give this a try with the 'Aquatini' ink and some water. Once it was dry the butterfly was put in the middle on some foam tape. 

I stamped the sentiments from the same stamp set with Versafine Onyx ink on white CS, fussy cut out and put on foam tape, along with some green and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled. I also added some Wink of Stella to different parts of the butterfly for extra shine. 

For Valentines Day Funky Fossil Designs is having a big Sale over the weekend with 15% off everything in store, just use the code HEART15 with your purchase. Sarah is now stocking WOW! Embossing Powders and all sorts of other goodies. There are also a lot of new stencils, so definitely worth checking out!! Sale ends Midnight Monday 17th February.






Right, Phoebe is all ready so we are off to do some camp shopping. Such an overcast but humid day. Is supposed to be 29 degrees celcius but will see how it goes....

Take care
Shona



 

4 comments:

  1. Sho, this is truly spectacular. You really made a beauty here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shona! I just love your gorgeous green butterfly- and flutter-by heart!! What a beautiful stamp - especially for us butterfly lovers, right? xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty Shona - love your colour choice and how you have used them!
    A few spits of rain here, but still terribly dry....
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful card! Love that it's monochromatic & the butterfly is so unique & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete