Monday 10 October 2016

Winnie and Walter - 2016 World Card Making Day - Background Building with Shay

Two more cards to post today for the Winnie and Walter - WCMD Challenges. Sorry to have to post them all at once, one after the other but as usual because its all last minute, I need to get them linked before the challenges close later today. After the next two I will give you a rest from my cards for a day or two....




For this challenge it was time to do some Background Building with Shay. I used to hate trying to create a background as I could never work out what to do but after lots of practice and seeing some amazing examples over the years, I can say I really enjoy it now!

This was so much fun to stamp. I tried to keep it all even but the wonkiness adds a bit of character don't you think:


I created a panel of white CS slightly smaller than my card front and spent a bit of time stamping these rows of envelopes. I then spent even longer colouring in (with pencils) just the top parts of each one, as I really like a black and white image against a pop of colour. The panel was popped up on foam tape over the card front.

The birdie and envelope were stamped on white CS, coloured with pencils and then fussy cut out. I glued the envelope to his wing and put him on foam tape. I stamped the 'love' in black on white CS, fussy cut out and glued directly to the card front. The rest of the sentiment was put on foam tape along with some blue and green sequins.

All of the stamps used are from Winnie and Walter 'So Tweet with Evelin T. Designs'. The sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh.

I got the colour idea from another W&W WCMD challenge Colour Combo with Heather P, where she wanted you to use blue, aqua/teal and green so will be linking to that challenge as well.

Right, one more card to go and then will give my blog a rest. This has been so much fun to do and always look forward to WCMD, especially as W&W put on a fantastic party!!!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is so sweet and fun, and a perfect take on the challenges. Your card makes me wish I had this stamp set...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute Shona ! I really love your background ! You must have spent a lot of time indeed, but it worths it ! And this bird is so adorable ! LOVE it ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing stamping...geez, it's perfect...and AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing stamping...geez, it's perfect...and AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete