Saturday 8 October 2016

CASology Challenge # 218 (Entry No. 3)

I haven't had a chance to enter the CASology challenge for a few weeks but all of a sudden this week I've had three cards to enter!




For this card I was actually inspired by Jen W's card featuring lots of crutches. It reminded me of a WPlus9 stamp set that I hadn't used on a card yet and was about time it had its debut:


This little kitty looks so forlorn, kind of reminds me of Dave with his broken toe!!

As you can imagine this was incredibly easy to put together. I stamped the images (from WPlus9 'Get Well Gang') on some white CS, coloured with my pencils and used the matching die cuts. I wanted to keep this card simple but also wanted something to ground the main image, so very gently blended some Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' on the card front. The kitty and his friends were then popped up on foam tape and the sentiment stamped in black. 

I'm also going to link this to the Virginia's View Challenge # 24 where their theme is:

 

I can hear my oven beeping in the background which means our Cannelloni is ready (and garlic bread) so better grab it before there's none left. Its 'the quick and the dead' when it comes to food in our house, especially if Dave is around. You either have to eat it all at once or hide it very well. Its amazing how many times I've come across a piece of stale cake in an odd place that I've tucked away incase it gets devoured, only to then forget about it. What a waste!!!

Take care
Shona


 

8 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Could you share the stamp set company; I'm unsure what Wplus9 stands for. Thank you in advance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canneloni...I knew I should live closer to you. Sorry I'm missing that. Nuts! Hiding food is an age old tradition in this house, but I do admit to finding green mold on it when I finally remember it again. Back to this sweet & clever take on the cue. It'seems your fault I just ordered this stamp/die set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! You get such great results with your colouring pencils. I bet your garden is keeping you very busy at this time of the year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very darling. Love your little scene, and how you grounded it with that blended ink. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! Love this little kitty! I love the way you grounded our images too with that touch of pink. Perfect!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sona omlove the sweet scene you put together here. The kitty is so sweet. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely darling card, Shona! Your ink blending really makes those sweet images pop...I love it!

    ReplyDelete