Monday 3 October 2016

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday - October

Hi everyone and welcome to my Girl Friday post for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. for the month of October.



October is also 'Breast Cancer Awareness Month' and Michele has coloured the blog pink for the whole month. And all our Girl Friday cards will also have a touch of pink, its a great way to honour all those affected by breast cancer. 

For my card I was actually in the mood to add to my Christmas card stash, and as I love Christmas cards in pastel colours I thought this would be a perfect time for a pink one:

   
This was a little fiddly to put together but you know how much I love fiddly projects and I really like how it turned out!

First up I heat embossed the snowflakes from 'Bring on the Snowflakes' in white. I then used my mini blending tool and Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry' and 'Worn Lipstick' to colour them. I used the circle die from 'Ornaments Fri-Dies' to cut them both out and also die-cut the ornament tops from white CS and glued them on.

Now for the fiddly part. I cut two little holes in the top fold of the card and threaded some silver thread thru it. One end was tied to the tops of the ornaments and the other was adhered to the inside of the card front. The ornaments were popped up on foam tape and a panel of white CS was glued to the inside to cover the thread. 

For the sentiment I kept it simple. I heat embossed the sentiment from 'Snowy Sayings'  (which is one of my favourites) in silver on a strip of white CS and popped up on foam tape. And I finished off with some pale pink and clear sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Luckily for you all the sets I used for this card are on sale at the moment and you can also use my special Girl Friday code to save yourself even more!!!


   

Thanks so much for visiting and I'll be back on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog in a few weeks with a new release. So exciting!!!!

Take care
Shona
  

    

2 comments:

  1. Soft, feminine &, oh so, pretty. It's perfect for this month with just enough glimmer. Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Sho! I love the pastels, and your ability to stretch your stamps into something entirely different is always inspiring! I visit your blog with caution, because you too readily add to my wish list...!!;-)

    ReplyDelete