Saturday 18 February 2017

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge

Its 2pm Saturday afternoon and I've actually managed to put two cards together!! Normally the weekend days are flat out with taking kids here and there but Dave has gone for a walk with Bella, Phoebe is in her room with her BFF Ella and Max has gone to a friends house, so I grabbed this time to create!!


This weeks theme at the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Fantastic Florals' and I think this will be my third entry!!

I recently purchased the new Altenew Alcohol Marker Set and have been trying them on on different floral images. I have fallen 'head over heels' in love with these markers. I need a lot more practice with them as I've never used alcohol markers before but can totally see why people are so addicted to Copics and the like!!  Now I just need Altenew to bring out more colours!!



One of the ideas I had involved the 'Persian Motifs' stamp set (also from Altenew) and I tried my hand at blending two colours on the flowers (and leaves) on each card. The card designs are the same but used different stamps on each one:


For this first card I stamped the colours on the edge of a panel of white CS and coloured using B201/B313 for the flowers and G702/G715 for the leaves. I adhered it to a card front and then cut a strip of white CS, stamped the sentiment in black and popped it up on foam tape. I carried the blue colour into the sequins.

For this card it was put together the same way, except I used R302/R304 for the flowers. And there is no way I can choose a favourite from these two cards but I must say I'm always partial to blue....

The sentiment stamps are from Altenew 'Celebrate' which is a tiny but oh so handy set that was sent to me by my wonderful friend Sarah G.  All of the sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I really couldn't recommend these markers enough and the fact they match perfectly with their inks is such a cool idea. Hopefully they will bring out some more colours soon before I use these all up!!

I'm also going to link these to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday - January Challenge where they ask you to 'Make something new from something new'. I've already linked another floral card with my markers as being something new, so this time the stamp set is my something new as I hadn't used them till now.





I'm off to do the groceries once Dave gets back and taking the girls with me. They both have boxes of chocolate bars to sell and raise money for their school, so they decided they would stand outside the supermarket and sell as many as they could while I shopped away. Unfortunately Blenheim is a small town and there are many kids with chocolates to sell, so fingers crossed they make a few dollars today!!

Take care
Shona

 


 

9 comments:

  1. They are both so beautiful, gorgeous coloring. I couldn't pick a favourite either they are both equally beautiful.
    I hope the chocolate selling goes ok 😀
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already admired these cards on Instagram! Love the coloring and the layout! This stamp set is on my wish list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are enabling with those markers! I love these cards...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You're creating magic with these markers!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, Shona. Those flowers are amazing and you've colored them beautifully. You've created two absolutely lovely cards. Love both of the colors, and that little sentiment pack really makes an impact; might have to put it in my cart, lol. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two absolutely beautiful cards...those flowers really shine in both your color choices, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super gorgeous cards, Shona - I love the Persian motifs and your colouring is fabulous! Great to see you putting those sentiments to good use too ;)

    ReplyDelete