Friday 17 February 2017

Just Add Ink Challenge # 347

Its finally the end of the week (well, on this side of the world...). Even though it was a short week for me (having Monday off so Phoebe could have her braces put on in Nelson), it still feels like I've worked the past four days!! At least the weather has been wonderful and we are hopefully getting some rain tomorrow....yippee!!

It also means that we have a new challenge theme for you at Just Add Ink and this time its a colour combo:



Now, I'll be completely honest with you, I was completely stumped when it came to putting these colours together!! I adore the mint colour but hardly ever use the other three colours on my cards ever. So after much thought I decided to bite the bullet and let those colours be the absolute stars of my card:




 Talk about a crazy design but I actually really like how it turned out, even if the strips did drive me a little crazy......

I grabbed paint chips close to each colour and cut random strips from them. The purple and green chips are longer and I was going to cut them to the same length but thought the differences would be rather interesting on the card. I put them all side-by-side on the table and then rubbed a piece of Glad 'Press n Seal' over the top to keep them all together.  If you haven't heard of this stuff its genius and sticks to nearly everything. So handy for die-cutting!!

I flipped the strips over and used strips of washi tape to hold them all together. I very carefully adhered the 'hello' die and put thru my Cuttlebug and was so pleased that it all stayed together! To make the 'hello' stand out, I cut a piece of black CS and glued it to the card front and popped the strips up over top with some foam tape. It looked a little bare, so I stamped the rest of the sentiment on a strip of white CS, glued it in place along with some purple and clear sequins. 

The 'hello' die is from My Favourite Things. The sentiment stamp is from Neat and Tangled 'Say Yes to Donuts' and so are the sequins.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Use your Favourite Tool'. This is my second entry using my all-time favourite tool - my Cuttlebug!!


You have until Wednesday 22nd February to link your projects to the Just Add Ink challenge and if you need any ideas on how to use these colours, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have made for you.  Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Shona, so bold, graphic & fun. Great way to use that very challenging combination.
    D :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of the box amazing! So in love with your card and can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AGAIN! You make this phenomenal card using these colors which, honestly, I'm not crazy about, but you make them work. And the patience you display by putting all those pieces together...wow! Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your solution to the colour challenge Shona - the vibrant colours are a great way to frame off a large sized sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome card!!! Love all the colors!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!
    x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous, Shona! I love the way you've created your ordered pattern with some strips longer than others - I will have to try this. And the Glad idea is a genius tip too! xx

    ReplyDelete