Wednesday 8 February 2017

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge # 228

My goodness these weeks are rolling around quickly!! Its already time for a new challenge theme at Addicted to Stamps and More!  The new theme is extremely handy for Valentines Day:







When I was thinking about a 'holiday' card I still immediately thought of 'Christmas' as it only seems like Christmas was a few weeks ago. And my memory still keeps reminding me how I didn't have enough cards this year. So I'm determined to make a few each month:



I started by stamping the tree and star on water colour CS with black Versafine Ink and immediately heat embossing with clear powder. I then used a green Zig Real Color Brush Marker to colour in the tree and some Gansai Tambi gold paint for the star. I fussy cut them out and put them to the side.

To create the night sky I used my mini-blending tool and Distress Inks 'Chipped Sapphire' and 'Salty Ocean'. I die-cut the frame from white CS and also the hill die. The hill was adhered straight to the card front and the frame popped up on foam tape. The tree was put on foam tape as well for some dimension (with the star on top) and I glued on some gold sequins to go with the gold heat-embossed sentiment. I then decided to cover the whole frame with glitter using my Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen.

The tree, star and sentiment stamps are from Studio Katia 'Origami Winter'. The frame die and sequins are from Pretty Pink Posh. Unfortunately I don't know who makes the stitched-hill die as it was purchased second-hand.

You have until Wednesday 15th February to link your projects to the Addicted to Stamps and More challenge. And if your needing any help with ideas, please pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Looking forward to seeing all your holiday cards in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...and one more you don't have to make in December. Love how you showcased the card with that pretty sparkly frame.

    ReplyDelete