Friday 3 February 2017

Little Tangles Challenge # 77

Hi there everyone, I have some extremely exciting news to share with you today. I am now part of the Little Tangles Challenge  Design Team!!! I'm so very happy to have been invited to be part of the team (thank you so much Danielle!!) and its wonderful to be on this side of a challenge I've always enjoyed entering.



Just in case your not familiar with this challenge, its run by Neat and Tangled which is an incredible stamp company with sequins, dies and stencils galore. The challenge runs monthly and you need to use one Neat and Tangled product to join in. And there is always a prize involved for the winner!! This months theme is:


I'm so happy this is my first challenge as a DT member as I LOVE die-cutting, especially coming up with fiddly new ways to use them. My challenge card was very hard to photograph, so hopefully you get the idea of what I did:
 
 
Right, lets see if I can explain what I've done!! I wanted the die-cut shape to be seen thru the card front but not have much dimension. So.....




This is the inside of the card so hopefully this makes sense!!

I started off by die-cutting the Heart of Gold die from the card front. I then closed the card, put the die in the negative of the first heart and back thru my Cuttlebug, so it would cut thru the back of the card too and match up perfectly. I cut a panel of white CS the same size as the back of the card and adhered it. This way I had somewhere to in-lay the heart die.

Using dark and light pink paint chips, I die-cut the heart from both, inlaid the dark pink frame into the inside of the card and then all the light pink pieces. This means that the inside of the card remains one-layer.

For the sentiment I die-cut the Big Hugs die from some pink glitter CS and twice more from white CS. These were all glued together for dimension and then to the card front. I then added some more sparkle with Neat and Tangled sequins.

I have three challenges I would like to enter this card:

NBUS Challenge #10 (first time I finally used my Big Hugs die)



Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (The Colour of Love)



Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge (Make something new with something new)




You have until Thursday 23rd February to link your projects to the Little Tangles  challenge. And if you need any help with ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. They are so talented!!! Look forward to seeing all your die-cutting creations in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh! Miss Shona, so excited for you, I know you will continue to make the most amazing cards. I love this one, so sweet and so darn creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally creative, Shona! Love the use of this heart die! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “The Color of Love” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever this card is...you made such a huge impact by using both dies. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, love your design and really love the big hugs die !!
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the DT appointment, Sho! Well-deserved! I think your big hugs card is so fabulous! You are going to bring someone a lot of cheer in their mailbox!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #10!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete