Saturday 25 February 2017

Honey I Shrunk the Kit - February 2017

Hi everybody!! The months have flown by and its time again for another instalment of Honey I Shrunk the Kit!!







HISTK was an idea formed by our illustrious 'Queen Bee' Hazel who asked myself and Sarah G (back in 2015) if we would be interested in starting a little group where one of us would send the rest an envelope of die-cuts, stamped images, twine etc and we would then blog about what cards we created. Over this time our little group has grown to now include Sandie, Sarah P and Anita so it gives us all more ideas on what to make from one little package.

This time Sarah G was in charge of the 'kit contents' and boy did she go to town with goodies:




There are a range of images in the kit including Mama Elephant, Winnie & Walter, Paper Smooches and Neat and Tangled. The die cuts are from Simon Says Stamp, Avery Elle and Tonic. She couldn't remember where the doilies, patterned paper or chipboard type hearts are from unfortunately and she  stamped everything on Sheena's Stamping Card (from Crafters Companion) in Archival Black.

On opening the envelope it looked like an explosion of LOVE, so many gorgeous hearts, pinks, reds and images. I had so many ideas my head was overflowing but I managed to keep it to four different designs.


For this first card I cut a panel of white CS not quite as wide as my card front. I adhered a strip of red CS to the card front and popped the panel over top with some foam tape. The die-cuts from the kit were glued in place and I added lots of Wink of Stella to the hearts. Clean and simple.


For this one I coloured the bunny images with blue and pink pencils and fussy cut them out. I die-cut the pink CS from the kit with a large die from Studio Katia 'Stitched Creative Nested Squares' and adhered straight to the card front. The pink heart die-cut was put on foam tape with the sentiment (cut from the kit) fixed to the bottom of it. The bunnies were put on a double layer of foam tape (so they sat higher than the heart) and I glued on some sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.



I really wanted to colour the faceted heart image from the kit, so used my Altenew Alcohol Markers and fussy cut it out. I used my own Neat and Tangled matching die, cut it from white CS and also cut out the sentiment from the kit. After cutting a panel of white CS smaller than the card front, I popped it up on foam tape. The heart die was glued to the panel with the coloured heart over top, and the sentiment put on foam tape. And of course I had to add some matching sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.




And as always I've saved my favourite card for last!! The images from the kit were so pretty and my Altenew Alcohol Markers had just arrived, so I knew they would be fantastic to try them out on. The colour is fantastic and they blend so beautifully. I fussy cut these out as best I could and also the sentiment from the kit. I used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink  'Worn Lipstick' to create the background on the card front and popped these images on foam tape. I then glued on some matching sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this last card to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes.



And will also link to the Paper Smooches - February Challenge where their theme is 'Love'.





This was such an amazing kit and I really could have created at least another four cards but will save those for another day. What you and I need to do now is to visit the other 'honey's' to see what amazing things they did with this kit too:



Thanks so much for stopping by. Its my turn to create the next kit, I'm so nervous to be following such an amazing envelope of crafty love!!!!

Take care
Shona
 


9 comments:

  1. lovely set of card Shona. Card 1-love the strong panel at the edge, 2-adorable design with the die and fab colouring, 3-like how you sent blue with this and kept the back die white and soft and kind of dramatic look too, 4-the images seem to hug the sentiment and the soft sponging gives a lovely grounding x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, stunning cards! Love your style! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Shona - I just love what you did with the kit! The blues on the faceted heart and way you have framed the sweet bunnies in the heart are just fab. The way you have used the papersmooches images on the last card is beautiful - you are rocking those Altenew markers! I keep looking at them but haven't committed yet :) I am glad you liked the kit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much elegance and I'm literally swooning at your use of this gorgeous kit Shona. Your colouring is fantastic, placement of the images and die-cuts and all so crisp and CAS. I'm so tempted by those Altenew markers but like Sarah haven't committed yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your lovely comments and I'm so glad to be part of this fab team! Your first card is so classy, loving the bold strip of red and the monochrome design. Love that you coloured your bunnies in blue and pink, so cute! Using the blue/teal tones for your heart was a fantastic idea and great that you had the matching die, it looks terrific in white. I have the stamp, I definitely need the die now! And I love the pink haze behind your flowers, so pretty, and great work with those markers. There's so much on my wishlist already, I'll add those to it...sigh! Can't wait to receive your kit next...no pressure! lol ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pals are going to be so jealous when they see all this fabulousness that you created. They're all so different but, oh so, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful...came from Sandie's blog, how fun to see what you all have created using the same supplies. Your first card is my favorite, love that beautiful heart with the red border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I am so late, Sho! Took a little longer to recover from the flu than I was expecting... anyway, here now and am feeling much better after a buzz around my honeys!! These cards are gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS! You had me at that first red and white one - you know that, don't you? YOur little bunnies are totally adorbs in their soft fluffy pink and blue; that faceted heart coupled with that die absolutely rocks, and the arrangement of those stunningly coloured blooms against their delicately inked background is swoonworthy! Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of these cards are amazing- but I LOOOOOOOOOVE that last one! I love the way you fussy cut around the flower bunch and the sequins- it's FAB all around:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun- hope you play along with our March challenge that starts tomorrow <3

    ReplyDelete