Thursday 16 February 2017

Reminder - The Flower Challenge #5

Hi everyone, I'm popping with a quick post today, reminding you about our current challenge at The Flower Challenge!!









Our theme this month is to 'CASE our Guest Designer' which happens to be the spectacular Therese of Lost in Paper. She is a card maker extraordinaire and can colour anything perfectly. Its a real honour to have her as a Guest Designer on our little challenge!!

For my card I was able to play with some new products that I had never tried before and I can say now I'm hooked:


I recently purchased the new alcohol markers released by Altenew. I've always wanted to try Copics but the price has always put me off. So when these became available to me in New Zealand at an amazing price (from Krafters Cart) I thought to myself that if I love Altenew's ink pads so much, their markers must be fantastic too!! They sure are!!!!

To create this card I started off cutting a panel of white CS slightly smaller than the card front, and then die-cutting a circle from it. After marking with a pencil where the circle would fit on the card front, I used a mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Worn Lipstick' to create a soft background. The panel was then popped up over it with foam tape.

I stamped the flower on some white CS and used the two light pink/peach colours to colour it in. Its certainly going to take a lot of practice working out how to blend etc so I know this flower isn't perfect but I love the colours together and the blending is incredible. I fussy cut the flower and put it on foam tape as well. 

The 'hugs' die-cut is from my friend Barb, who sent me whole lot of die-cut pieces. She is such a sweetheart!!!  I blended the same Distress Ink along the bottom of it and glued it to the card. Then all I had to do was stamp the rest of the sentiment in black and glue on some co-ordinating sequins.

The flower image is from Altenew 'Beautiful Day'. The circle die is from Couture Creations. The 'hugs' die-cut is from Papertrey Ink and the 'sending' stamp from Waffle Flower 'Balloon Messages'. The sequins are from Neat and Tangled.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Work It Wednesday Challenge - January where they want you to use 'Something New to make Something New'. I of course used my new Altenew Markers and really hope they release some more colours soon!!



Will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where they want you to use your favourite tool. I don't know what I would do without my Cuttlebug. I LOVE die-cutting and my Cuttlebug is used nearly every day, would hate to think of it breaking, would actually break my heart!!




And one last challenge, will link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Fabulous Florals'.


 


You have until Saturday 25th February to link your projects to the The Flower Challenge and if you need any ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created for you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
  

11 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty! Love how the flower is framed by the circle cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!!! You must have been a floral designer in your past life, you do amazing things with flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Shona! Your colouring is fabulous and tucking the flower in the circle cutout is such a cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Shona! The colouring is mouth-watering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Shona, just love that gorgeous flower and soft colours too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Shona: I love how you encased this perfectly fussy cut flower inside this circle frame, which makes it really stand out.
    Awesome Ombre on the die cut sentiment, beautiful detail with the sequences.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is gorgeous and I love the design of it and how you've placed the flower inside the die cut ~ beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous Shona...what a super case!!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! I love the flower in the circle and I'm so glad you like those markers. I love my Copics, but you are right, the price is a bit off putting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I commented on Instagram but decided to comment here as well. I absolutely love this card, keep checking the mail cause Im sure it will be in my mail box any day now hehehe. I visualise a whole set of these in every colour, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Love the pretty flower framed in the circle cut. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete