Friday 17 February 2017

Calling All Sistah's - February Blog Hop

Hi there and welcome to the February Calling All Sistah's - February Blog Hop!!





 

This blog hop was organised to remind us all each month to do our self breast exams. Many of us forget about it, don't have the time or don't think its necessary. However, early detection can make a huge difference, so being able to give everyone a reminder each month to take a few minutes, could really change someone's life. I've included a link to a You Tube video here that shows how to do a self exam if you haven't done one before.

As this is a hop, you should have arrived here from Sandi's blog Life at the Beach - Slightly Off Center where I'm sure she dazzled you with her design. If you've lost your place on the hop, pop over to the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps blog for a full hop list!!  

Our theme for this month's hop is 'With Love from you Sistah' and luckily I had the design in mind straight away:




Firstly I stamped the Full on Floral stamp on to a piece of white CS. I cut it down so it was slightly smaller than my card front and die-cut the Ruffled Ribbon Fri-Die from the middle of it. I then used my mini-blending tool and Distress Ink 'Picked Raspberry' to colour the card front and put the floral panel over top with some foam tape.

For the sentiment I die-cut the Love Ya Fri-Die from a soft pink paint chip and also twice more from white CS. I glued them all together for a bit of height and then to the card front. And of course I had to add some of the Sistahood Sparkle - Limited Edition Sequins for some sparkle.





I have three challenges I would like to enter:

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge  (use your favourite tool - mine is my We R Memory Keepers Cut n Score board.....its brilliant!!)



Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge (Fantastic Florals)



Uniko Challenge # 39





If you would like to purchase any of the products I used today or any other CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  products, don't forget to use my special 'Girl Friday' code to save yourself 15%!!!

 

Your next 'hop stop' is the fabulous Sue from Foley's Friend who will no doubt have something beautiful to show you. Please take some time today to do your breast exam and we will see you again next month!!

Take care
Shona


19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Shona! Love that floral background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the bold "love you" on your card and the way you popped up and cut out the Hope Ribbon! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the bold "love you" on your card and the way you popped up and cut out the Hope Ribbon! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your card is adorable Shona and thank you for sharing the reminder how important it is to self exam and also thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs Kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I see that floral background I like it more. It's definitely going in my shopping cart at CFS. ;) Thank you, Shona, for being a part of the Calling All Sistahs blog hop, and showing another unique way to use the Ruffled Ribbon Fri-Die

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thud! This card is awesome! You seriously rocked the CAS-ual Fridays!!!!! Thank you for being part of this important hop and helping me to spread the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic idea. Love how you
    cut the ribbon out of the card
    front. The plain colors with
    the pink background really pops.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card. thanks for creating awareness about breast cancer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card. Thanks for the inspiration and for raising awareness of this awful disease:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. F-f-f-f-fabulous.You aced it yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty Shona! I love how you created a cut away ribbon - -great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Shona, the floral set is very pretty, and the pink tucked behind is a great idea, thanks for joining us at Uniko.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card! Love that awesome floral background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey shona! thisi s awesoem, I adore the design and the gorgeous background stamp! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  15. An absolute beauty Shona - you really know how to work your stash to the max. So much elegance and inspiration and it's great to see you play along at Uniko. Thanks so much. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I just love that die cut in that soft pink, its so pretty! The b&w floral background is great against the pink too, awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply gorgeous and I agree with Sarah, you really work your stash wonderfully. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. My apologies for coming by and commenting so late. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete