Saturday 19 October 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #2

I'm back with Day 17 of my Halloweenfest card. I'm trying to show you all one Halloween card every day for the month of October, I'm a day behind but hope to catch up tonight!!





The current theme at the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge is 'Halloween' and you can enter 5x so still have the chance to share three more horrible cards with you....aren't you lucky??

For this card I was inspired by the horror movie 'Pet Sematary'. They recently did a remake which I really enjoyed but nothing beats the original with cute little Gage and his scalpel. I based this one on the pets themselves:


This took so long to put together but really happy with how it turned out!!

I wanted the scene to be at night, so I blended Waffle Flower 'Coffee Loves Milk' ink along the bottom to be the dirt. I then blended Distress Inks 'Squeezed Lemonade', 'Seedless Preserves' and 'Black Soot' down from the top of the card front to give the impression of the sun setting. As its a 'sematary', I used a stencil from Funky Fossil Designs 'Gothic Graveyard' over top, blending it with 'Black Soot' Distress ink.

While that dried I stamped the animals - the dog is from MFT Stamps 'Furever Friends', the pig from MFT Stamps 'Hog Heaven', the cat from MFT Stamps 'Cool Cat' and the racoon from Mama Elephant 'Rowdy Racoons' - using Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, coloured with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cut out. I used an Artline 0.1 pen to try to create some wounds and used lots of grey markers to make them look dirty (as they would have crawled out of the ground....).

The 'pet sematary' sign was hand-written with the same pen on white CS, I cut the edges roughly and blended some of the same ink I used for the dirt all over it. I glued it in place and put the animals on foam tape. The sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'New Best Friend') was stamped in black on white CS, backed with black CS and put on foam tape, along with some black pearls.

Will also link to The Cats Pajamas Challenge #362 where their theme is 'Fall' which includes Halloween.

 

There are so many new scary movies on Netflix at the moment, hopefully I get a chance tonight to sit down and watch them. My Mum has seen them already and loved them, so that's a great review!! See you back here tomorrow with some more blood!

Take care
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment