Friday 18 October 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #1

Its me again!! I've been blogging and Instagramming quite a bit lately, lots of New Releases and DT cards to get out to you all. And I also decided to create a Halloween card each day for the month of October, so been up to my eyeballs in blood and guts. Its been really fun though and have some doozies to share with you over the next few days.



I've been putting all my Halloween cards on my Instagram account (shona.chambers) but this week the theme at the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge  is 'Halloween', so you'll be seeing a scary blog post from me each day for the next five days (you can enter up to 5x), so I hope your prepared!!

I'm a bit late with this card, I should have put it on my IG last night as Day 16 of my 'Halloweenfest' but life got in the way so here it is now:


This one is probably more cute than scary but I'm trying to ease you into the gore.....

I started by stamping the mummy (from Kindred Stamps 'The Horror'), the big tombstone (from MFT Stamps 'Fab-boo-lous Friends') and the smaller tombstones (from Lawn Fawn 'Spooky Village') on white CS using Gina K Amalgam black ink. I coloured them with my Altenew Artist Markers, die-cutting the small tombstones with the matching die and fussy cutting the rest.

For the background I used The Cats Pajamas 'Round Tree Dies' on some black CS for the tree design and the plain circle die on white CS. Using Distress Inks 'Salty Ocean', 'Seedless Preserves' and 'Black Soot' and my mini-blender, I created a night sky on the white CS. I glued the black tree's on top with Gina K Connect Glue and used a white gel pen to make some stars.

I adhered the circle panel to some black foam and glued to the card front. The mummy and tombstones were then fixed in place. I white heat embossed the sentiment (also from the Kindred Stamps set) on black CS and put on black foam as well.

I'm also going to link this to The Cats Pajamas Challenge #362 where their theme is about 'Fall' including Fall events like Halloween.

 

I'll be back again soon with another Halloween card, this one will have a bit more blood on it, so get ready to peek thru your fingers.....

Take care
Shona

No comments:

Post a Comment