Wednesday 16 October 2019

Reminder: The Flower Challenge 37

Hi everyone!! Its pouring with rain as I write this post, hopefully it will have stopped by the time your reading this so I can garden tomorrow and not be up to my chest in mud!!

Just popping in today to remind you all about the current theme for The Flower Challenge.





We are all about 'CAS' or 'Clean and Simple' this month which you all know is one of my favourites. Lots of open space and maybe a central image is great for a CAS card but there are lots of possibilities.

Our Sponsor this month is CAS-ual Fridays Stamps and they are giving a $25 gift voucher to their store to the winner. 




I'm very fortunate to be on the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team, so was very happy to use some of their products on my card. Decided to add to my  small Christmas card pile and use a bright colour for once:


I don't use red very often on my cards, I'm more of a 'pastel' colour girl but there is just something rather fabulous about red and white for a Christmas card. This was super simple to make, just took a while and was a little bit fiddly....

I started by cutting a panel of red CS and gluing to my card front. I then die-cut one of the floral branches from CFS 'Casual Trees Fri-dies' 10x from white CS. Using my Gina K Connect Glue I then glued the branches on top of each other, in a circular pattern, almost like a wreath. Its not exactly even but love how the white pieces look against the red.

For the sentiment I kept it super simple by stamping the sentiment from CFS 'Snowy Sayings' with Catherine Pooler 'Rockin Red' ink on a strip of white CS and popped it up on foam tape. I then just glued on some clear sequins from Neat and Tangled for a bit of sparkle.

I'm going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Christmas'.

 
You have until Friday 25th October to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and if your needing any ideas or inspiration, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer Tina of My Piece of Paper have created for you. Can't wait to see all your CAS designs in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 
 

5 comments:

  1. What a stunner with the red and white Shona - I love it!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very striking look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you used the Casual Comfort die, Shona. I guess that would work too to make a great wreath like this one. It's fabulous on the bright red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this...so pretty with the contrast of the red and white.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Shona and perfect CAS card too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete