Thursday 1 August 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Entry #1

Its been such a cold day, I've been quite glad that I've had to stay home with Max. His health is always bad around Winter and every year I think he will grow out of it (considering he looks like a rugby player and is nearly as tall as my husband....and he's only 12yrs old) but its beaten him down again. He had the flu for two weeks, went back to school last Monday but last night started saying he felt strange and went to bed very early. He still had a headache this morning and I realised he had hives all over his thighs, which means he's fighting a virus....so here we go again!!

So I've spent the day catching up on emails, commenting, cleaning out drawers and even went thru all my craft stuff and arranged four piles of papers/stamps/inks etc I don't use anymore and will drop them at a second-hand store tomorrow for them to do whatever they want with them. It will make someone's day I'm sure!!

I even managed to put together another 'pug' card from the same stamp set I shared the other day. And this one is on its way around the world to a very special lady for her birthday:


I love how this little guy fits in the cup, would love a little dog this size but I'd probably lose it or our Golden Retriever Bella would sit on it!!

I started off by stamping the pug from the Funky Fossil Designs 'Pugs and Hugs' with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, colouring with Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out.

Using circle dies from Couture Creations I die-cut the larger one from black CS and adhered to the card front. I then cut a smaller one from white CS. Using inks from Altenew and Waffle Flower I stamped the coffee bean from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps 'Peace Love and Coffee' all over the die-cut and put on foam tape. I put the pug on foam tape too, along with the white heat embossed sentiment (from the same 'Pugs and Hugs' stamp set). And finished off with sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm linking this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my first entry and hopefully I'll have a chance to enter a few more times.


I'm off to whip up some Butter Chicken before my family start eating the furniture. Can't wait for the weekend to come around and hopefully I'll be off gardening tomorrow as I'm so behind. Although by the look of Max its not looking good......

Take care
Shona
 

No comments:

Post a Comment