Saturday 24 August 2019

Uniquely Creative - August 'Stamp and Colour' Kit - Fairytale Wishes

Hi there!! Hope your week is going well and you've managed to fit in a bit of crafting here and there. I've been on holiday this week (well, when I say holiday I mean I've been house-painting instead of gardening....) and it was a good choice because its poured with rain all week. Yesterday (Friday) was finally a gorgeous, sunny day until suddenly at 4pm we had a massive hail storm. It was incredible and lasted for nearly 30 minutes. I was so excited I completely forgot about my washing on the line!!


The Uniquely Creative - August 'Stamp and Colour' Kit is available now and its fantastic! Its called 'Fairytale Wishes' and comes with the cutest stamp set, matching dies and beautiful patterned papers. You can also buy many 'add-on' stamps and dies to create all sorts of 'fairytale' scenes on your projects. I used one of the 'add-on' stamp sets which I thought would go perfectly with rainbow colours:


This stamp set has such cute images and I had so much fun colouring them all in. Will share some more cards with them soon.

I started off by stamping the fairy from the 'Fairytale Princesses' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS and colouring with my Altenew Artist Markers. This set does come with matching dies but they didn't arrive in time to use on this card. I fussy cut the fairy and added pieces of foam tape to the back. 

After cutting a panel of white CS the same size as the card front, I die-cut a window using the 'Cross-stitch Nesting Oval Dies'. I placed it over the card front and created a very light pencil line inside the oval so I knew where it would sit. I grabbed an array of Distress Inks and using a mini-blending tool and washi tape, created coloured strips starting from the top middle of the card.  Once the ink had dried I gold heat embossed the sentiment from the same stamp set.




All I had to do then was pop the oval frame up on foam tape, put the fairy in the middle and add a few coloured dots which come with the kit.

I have so many other cards from this kit to share with you and two of them will have tutorials on the Uniquely Creative Blog. Can't wait for you to see them!!

Take care
Shona

2 comments:

  1. AAAW, this is so sweet, love that you mounted the darling fairy on a rainbow burst of color. Have long loved ovals and this proves I shoul use them more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card Shona - love the combination of a fairy and a rainbow.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete