Thursday 8 August 2019

Reminder: TIME OUT Challenge #141

Hi there, hope your week is going swimmingly and your weather isn't too horrible and cold. I'm popping in today to remind you about our current theme at TIME OUT Challenges.





Its all about 'Relaxation' which is something I wish I could master....even when I've got nothing to do I can't just sit down and relax, although I dream about it when I'm racing around!!! You also have the option of a 'one-layer card' which is always a fun challenge too.

Our Sponsor for this challenge is Newton's Nook and they are giving a $25 credit to their store to one of the entries who opted to use the one-layer option. How fabulous!!




I only own one stamp set from Newton's Nook and funnily enough its called 'Summer Vacation' which had the perfect images for this challenge theme:


This was so much fun to put together, trying to work out how to make a chest of drawers and what 'wallpaper' pattern to go with. I don't really make scenes on my cards very often but when I do, I absolutely love it! And I love watching fish tanks, its so relaxing for me and I wish I could have a whole wall full of fish. And I thought having a tank under the floor so it was see-thru would be so cool too!!

I started off by stamping the image with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS, colouring with my Altenew Artist Markers and fussy cutting out. I went thru my stash over 6x6 paper pads and found this one from Moda Scrap 'Let your Soul Bloom' which was perfect for wallpaper, so adhered it to the card front. 

For the drawers I cut a piece of wood veneer paper and drew lines with a black gel pen. I popped it on some foam tape and glued on some Studio Katia 'Silver Pearls' for the drawer handles. I then put Newton on some foam tape as well, so it was sitting on top. I then added Glossy Accents to the water in the fish bowl and his goggles.

To finish off I white heat embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set) on black CS, backed it with some white CS (like a picture frame) and put on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

You have until Wednesday 14th August to link your projects to the TIME OUT challenge and if your needing any card ideas, pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team and our talented Guest Designer Marieke  have created to inspire you. Looking forward to all your 'relaxing' projects in the Gallery!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. I love the scene you put together, Shona! The wallpaper is such a cute, feminine touch and you did super job creating the chest of drawers. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely charming. That kitty and that amazing chest of drawers knock me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, don't know if the fishes will be very relaxed :) - fabulous wee scene you have created Shona, and I love the goggles on the kitty.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too cute. I LOVE the way you created the dresser, and I love that "wallpaper". I also love the detail on the kitty's goggles. I don't know how relaxed that poor fish is... LOL. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant scene, Shona ... the chest of drawers is fabulous to ground Newton and his fishy friend ... he sure looks happy! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. For someone who doesn't create scene cards very much, you managed to create a beauty! So many fun elements to look at, including that cool cat! Great attention to details.

    ReplyDelete