Tuesday 30 July 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge

Hi everybody!! I'm oh so slowly getting back into the swing of things and creating the odd card. I've got so many new stamps/dies etc that I feel like I need a months holiday to have a chance to use them all!! Its a wonderful situation to be in though, considering I'm usually living vicariously through everyone else's crafting hauls....






The current theme for the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge is 'Bright and Cheerful' so I thought it was a wonderful chance to create a card with an image I coloured a few weeks ago:
 

 I am absolutely over the moon with how my stencil colours turned out!! I don't use stencils very often (they kind of scare me for some reason) so using all these colours was a bit of an experiment that paid off. It kind of reminds me of Japanese kimono fabric and I have a few other colour combo's in mind to try out as well.

I started off by stamping the pug from Funky Fossil Designs 'Pugs and Hugs' on white CS with Gina K Amalgam black ink. I coloured him with my Altenew Artist Markers and then fussy cut out.

The stencil (also from Funky Fossil Designs 'Round in Flowers') was held over the card front with washi tape. I gathered up different Distress Inks in blues, greens, pinks etc and their mini-blending foam rounds. I don't own any foam daubers so I pinch the round foam into a point and add different inks to the stencil, trying not to muddy the colours as I go. 

Once I removed the stencil I put the pug on some foam tape. I then white heat embossed the sentiment (from the same stamp set) on black CS and put this on foam tape as well, along with some iridescent jewels from Pretty Pink Posh.

I've got so many more cards to share with you that I made before I went away last weekend, its just finding time to sit down and blog. At the moment I just don't seem to be able to find time at all to craft, nothing is different in my life but my list of things to do is ridiculously long. As usual I just need to put myself first every now and then and do what I love. Easier said than done......

Take care
Shona
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that pug! Great coloring & shading you've done. But your stencilling is really fabulous. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Shona - love that background stencil and how you have coloured it - so vibrant and gorgeous
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete