Sunday 14 July 2019

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps - Girl Friday post #1 for July

Hi there and welcome to my first CAS-ual Fridays Stamps  blog post for the month of July!!




I've been trying to colour a lot over the past few weeks to join in with The Daily Marker 30 Day Colouring Challenge and wanted to colour some of new cute critters from the latest release. I realised how perfectly they fitted on one of the die-cuts, so I set about making two cards, one masculine and one feminine for pet/coffee loving friends:

 

Aren't these little critters adorable?!!! Love their size and shape, makes them really easy to colour and die-cut.


I started by stamping the cat and dog from the 'Little Huggables' stamp set with Gina K Amalgam black ink on white CS. That way I could colour them with my Altenew Artist Markers. I then die-cut them using the matching 'Little Critters Fri-Dies'.

As I wanted to make two cards, I die-cut the 'To-Go Cup Fri-Dies' with white CS for the base, then pink and blue for the wrap and lids. I die-cut each one twice and glued them together with Gina K Connect Glue to give them a bit more dimension and strength. I glued the cups together and popped the critters up on foam tape. I did the same with the cups on the card fronts.


I white heat embossed the sentiments (from the same Little Huggables stamp set) on black CS and put them on foam tape. I also glued on some iridescent jewels from Pretty Pink Posh and added some shimmer to the lids with a Spectrum Noir Shimmer Pen.



I can't wait to post these to some friends and I hope I've given you some ideas on how to use different stamps and dies together. If you haven't seen these products before and think you might purchase them, don't forget to use my special code to save yourself 15%!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll be back at the end of the month with another CAS-ual Fridays Stamp  project!

Take care
Shona 

2 comments:

  1. Aaaw, the recipients are going to love these two but not as much as I do. How precious to combine furbaby love and coffee (the elixir of the Gods). Clever girl...and your really succeeding with your coloring because it looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cuties Shona and so delightfully used on the coffee cups!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete