Friday 31 May 2019

Simon Says Stamp - Flickr Challenge #124

Well, the rain came AGAIN last night and poured down during the wee small hours, along with some thunder which was so cool. Everything is absolutely soaked and while at the dentist with Max this morning it decided to rain again, so definitely no gardening today. Extremely frustrating but what can I do?

The sun is out now (of course) and while I'm waiting for my washing machine to finish I thought I would share with you another of my 'rainbow panel' cards I created earlier this week. And since I used some Simon Says Stamp products it's perfect for the Simon Says Stamp - Flickr Challenge as their theme is 'Anything Goes':


I've accumulated ALOT of stamps and dies over the past six years but I'm always amazed when I realise I don't have many of one particular product - frame dies. I have a few dies that cut out panels but hardly any that cut an actual frame, so must get that sorted asap!!

I decided to white heat emboss this flower from SSS 'Delicate Flowers' straight on to the rainbow panel. The panel is made up of strips of coloured CS that were adhered to a piece of white CS. I also white heat embossed the sentiment (from the same SSS set) on some black CS and fussy cut out.

To create the frame I die-cut the Waffle Flower frame die (unfortunately I don't have the name for this one and I can't find it in the WF store so it may be discontinued....) twice from white CS and once from black CS. I glued the white ones together and then glued the black one underneath and in the opposite pattern to the white ones. This was glued to the rainbow panel, then to a piece of white foam before being adhered to the card front.

I popped the sentiment on some foam tape and added some Neat and Tangled sequins for a pop of colour and shine to finish off.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challenge where their theme is 'Frame it'.

 
And will also link to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.


I can hear my washing machine playing music in the background. I have a Samsung machine that plays a song when it finishes instead of beeping. Its quite sweet and much better than a beep that seems to get louder and more demanding the longer it goes on.....Hopefully my putting the washing out will not cause it to rain yet again...

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes ma'am, if you're putting out this kind of work, you deserve more frame dies. Love your color choices and the overall design. It's wonderful. I, unfortunately, have the washer that beeps incessantly at me when it's done. As it is now.

    ReplyDelete