Thursday 16 May 2019

Reminder: The Flower Challenge #32

Hi everybody, thanks so much for stopping by. I hope your week is going well and you've had some time to put your feet up and do a bit of crafting too! I've been flat out still trying to catch up with all my gardening after having the flu. The weather has been amazing and I can't believe we are halfway thru May and hardly had the fire going at all!!





I'm popping in today to remind you about the current theme at The Flower Challenge. Its all about 'Embossing (Heat or Dry)' which is one of my favourite things to do, especially with floral images. I actually made a card that included dry and heat embossing but something about it wasn't right and the longer I looked at it, the more I hated it. So I shelved it and made the card I'd always imagined making with this Altenew stamp set:


We are very excited to have Altenew as our Sponsor this month and they are offering the winner a floral stamp set. They really do create the most amazing floral images (I have many in my stash) and this new stamp set of mine might be one of my favourites!!

This set is 'Wallpaper Art' and I would absolutely love this on one of my walls! I started by cutting a panel of white CS the same size as the card front. I arranged the images on the panel in my MISTI and stamped the images twice with Versafine black ink and immediately clear heat embossed with Simon Says Stamp Embossing powder. Once the CS has cooled down I adhered to the card front.

I die-cut the Altenew 'Caps Bold Alphabet Dies' from white CS, die-cutting each letter 3x and gluing them together before popping up on foam tape. The sentiment (from Altenew 'Persian Motifs') was white heat embossed on black CS and put on foam tape, along with some black half-pearls.

I'm going to link this to the Kat Scrappiness May Challenge where their theme is 'Coffee with Mum'.

You have until Saturday May 25th to link your projects to The Flower Challenge and pop over to the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team have created to inspire you. Look forward to seeing you in the Gallery!!

Take care
Shona
 

6 comments:

  1. I just love your card Shona....so elegant and now I want that set!! I just ordered from SSS last wk and used a few of my gc but now I wanna order again. I'll have to use great restraint!!
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now I see why they call it Wallpaper Art. I would love to have that paper (it's all in your particular placement of the flowers) on one of my walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shona, this one will be saved to CASE - spectacular!!! I'll come help you stamp a wall!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the black and white, and on the wallpaper, Shona. This is so elegant looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card Shona and the black and white is gorgeous with the bold sentiment. So pretty and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the monochrome look to your card Shona!great design and flowers, your stamping looks so crisp here too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete