Tuesday 7 May 2019

MFT Stamps - Colour Challenge #116

Hi everybody!! I spent this last weekend with my Mum, with lots of shopping, talking and crafting going on. I didn't create as many cards as I normally do when I stay as my mojo was a bit lacking but it was fun to make some challenge cards I don't normally get time for!!


Aren't these colours so dreamy?!! This is the colour palette for the current MFT Stamps Colour Challenge and since I recently purchased CS in similar colours, I knew I had to make something:


Since I had CS in these colours I definitely wanted to do a lot of die-cutting for the card. I decided that since these colours were so fun that creating a 'fringe/pinata' card would be perfect!

This was pretty simple to put together. I used the MFT Stamps 'Fringe Die' with the different colours. I used a narrow strip of double-sided tape behind the top edge of each fringe and started adhering them from the bottom up, leaving a gap part way.

I die-cut the 'smile' from MFT Stamps 'Words for Friends die set' 3x from black CS, glued them together and then to the card front. I gave the letters a covering of Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents. To finish off I die-cut some hearts using a die from MFT Stamps 'Blueprints #27 die set' from the same green CS and popped them up on foam tape, along with some Neat and Tangled sequins.

I'm also going to link this to the MFT Stamps Sketch Challenge #435 as I used the sketch for my card layout.





I'm off to bed now. I discovered last week at TVNZ On Demand (which is one of the tv networks in NZ) has The Twilight Zone. Its a brand new series done by Jordan Peele who created the movie Us and Get Out (which I loved). I watched the first episode and its awesome (won't give anything away). Its not gory scary or anything like that, very much along the lines of the old series with moral situations etc. I'm going to jump in bed with my iPad and electric blanket and watch another episode or two before I fall asleep, which may happen sooner than I think......

Take care
Shona
 

3 comments:

  1. Love this Shona - the colours are lovely and I love how you have used them
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've KNOCKED THAT PINATA out of the park, Shona... so cahUTE!!!
    Leave it to you to tune me into something new to watch - I LOVED Twilight Zone!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! Fringe! So fun and colorful. This has got to be a winner. Love how happy the card is. Think I've seen every Twilight Zone ever aired. Had no idea they'd started a new one. Need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete