Saturday 29 September 2018

Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge #25

I have a bit of a problem. Last weekend I created a card for this months challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9. They have the most beautiful Autumn colour palette to use:



I have been trying since Tuesday this week to link it to the challenge but for some reason the Linky doesn't show. All I keep getting is a blue button that says 'Login to Continue' where the Linky button should be. I've been shutting down my computer, trying a different ways to bring up the blog and getting my husband to look at it but nothing seems to change. There must be something on my computer that is stopping me and no one else....its so bizarre and frustrating!! 

So I've decided to show you my entry anyway and leave a comment on the challenge blog post to see if they can include my entry somehow or whether they have any idea why this is happening. Here is the card I came up with:
 

This was so much fun to create and I loved doing all the stamping, which I haven't been doing much of lately. Thank goodness for my MISTI!!

I started by cutting a panel of white CS slightly smaller than my card front. I then used my MISTI and images from Concord and 9th 'Flourish' to create the background. Once I was happy I die-cut the 'wonderful' using a die from Concord and 9th 'Wonderful Florals' die set and also die-cut it again from some woodgrain CS. I added a panel of white CS behind the die-cut letters and inlaid the woodgrain ones in their spaces. 

The sentiments (from the Concord and 9th 'Wonderful Florals' stamp set) were stamped on strips of white CS and popped on foam tape, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.



And will also link to The Cats Pajamas Challenge #350 where their theme is 'Fall'.


I've got one more blog post to write for tomorrow morning and then I'm going to put on my pj's and continue a book I started to read last night. I haven't read a book for so long but I decided to re-read a book that my Mum owns because its just hilarious and very inspiring. 

Its about a New Zealand artist who goes out to buy some butter and comes back with a Catholic Church (that was being demolished). The things she goes thru to build her house with not only the remains of this church but also another one are truly amazing. Its by Da'Vella Gore and called 'This Blessed Life'. I highly recommend it and there are two more books after this called 'This Blessed House' and 'This Blessed Journey'. I can't wait to read them all again!!

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Your comment was forwarded to the administrator, she will look into it for you! Your card is so beautiful! Love the die cut inlay. Thanks for playing along with the Where Creativity Meets C9 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete