Tuesday 4 September 2018

MFT Sketch Challenge #400

Its absolutely gorgeous outside right now and didn't rain today, which is amazing!! However it rained right up till midnight last night and everything was just mush this morning, so hopefully the sunshine and wind today will mean a less muddy day of gardening tomorrow!!


So once again, after doing all my household chores and walking Bella, I had some spare time this afternoon to come up with a card for the current MFT Sketch Challenge. 

I have to tell you though, this one was a real tuffy, those lines at the top stumped me so much and the ideas I had didn't work because I didn't have the right MFT stamps to create it. Finally I stopped trying to go against the challenge and go with the flow:

 
 These MFT Stamps 'Bitty Bears' really are adorable and I had a lot of fun colouring them in and you know if I can fit a rainbow in somewhere, I will......

I started by die-cutting the sentiment strips using a die from MFT Stamps 'Blueprints 28'. Using my mini-blending tool I used Distress Inks 'Picked Raspberry', 'Spiced Marmalade', 'Mermaid Lagoon', 'Mustard Seed' and 'Twisted Citron' to colour the strips with a light to dark finish. These were put on the card front with foam tape.

I stamped the bears on white CS using Memento Tuxedo black ink and coloured with Altenew Artist Markers. After fussy cutting I adhered them to each strip that co-ordinated with their present colour. The sentiment (from MFT Stamps 'Beary Special Birthday') was white heat embossed on a strip of black CS and put on foam tape, along with some gold and coloured sequins from Neat and Tangled.

Better go and get the washing in. You know you don't have a very exciting life when your so happy that the washing can be washed and dried in the same day!! Oh the little things that can make me smile these days.....

Take care
Shona
 

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it drive you crazy when you're stuck trying to come up with a viable idea and, BAM!, inspiration strikes. And in this case, did it really strike you perfectly. This is so completely adorable and clever. Flipping the the sketch wss genius. Awesome awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete