Sunday 16 September 2018

MFT Stamps - 2018 Card Design Superstar

Its so windy today, which is frustrating because its also quite warm but not pleasant to be outside. Especially if your trying to hang sheets on the line like I was this morning (many a bad word was muttered......). Last night I was able to finally create a card for the MFT Stamps - 2018 Card Design Superstar competition, while listening to Dave screaming at the tv while watching the All Blacks play South Africa (and lose.....eeeek!!).


I wasn't actually going to enter but this one card idea kept pecking at my brain (like a woodpecker....) so thought I better give it a go for the 'Clean and Simple' catergory.  I was going to try and colour a card for the 'Colouring Virtuoso' category but thought 'am I crazy????'. There are so many incredible colourists out there in 'card-land', I thought I would enjoy looking at their entries instead of embarassing myself.....:


 I went for what I love best....rainbow colours and die-cutting, so even if I don't win I'll love sending this to someone for their birthday!!

I started by using the MFT Stamps 'Snow Drifts Cover Up' die on a piece of white CS. I then grabbed  a 'rainbow' of colours from my Distress Oxide ink stash and blended colour on to each 'drift' part. I wanted to make sure I could get part of the sentiment 'inlaid' into one of the drifts, so I grabbed my MFT Stamps 'Little Lowercase Dies' and die-cut 'love' from the dark pink one. I added some washi tape behind it, die-cut it again from black CS and put the letters in place.

I used some non-permanent tape to hold the outside die frame to the card front. This gave me a way to make sure each 'drift' was put in correctly spaced and level on foam tape. And it was easy to carefully put it up and away when all the drifts were done.

For the rest of the sentiment I stamped the 'happy birthday' (from MFT Stamps 'Birthday Bears') on a small strip of white CS and adhered in place, along with some sequins from Neat and Tangled. I also added some Glossy Accents to the die-cut word for a bit of shine.

I'm also going to link this to the MFT Stamps Birthday Project Challenge where their theme this month is 'CAS'.


And will also link as my fifth and last entry to the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Pop it Up'.



Bella desperately needs another brush so I'm off out into the wind to see if I can do it without getting most of it in my mouth. I've been thinking more and more about getting another dog lately and I'm keeping an eye out for any suitable puppies or dogs that we could adopt. I would love a French Bulldog puppy but they are around $6000 which is rather out of our price range but another Golden Retriever would be perfect. Will see what happens.....

Take care
Shona


 

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shona - I thought you had used paint chip originally, but the DOX inks make a wonderful rainbow. A stunning card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your fabulous and sweet card...those colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, I love your inking and the whole vibe to this card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog.
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete