Monday 29 September 2014

Muse Challenge #86

Managing to fit in another quick post while the kids are watching 'Sam and Cat'. Have just helped Phoebe make her first ever batch of chocolate brownies, will see the final (and hopefully edible) result in about 20 mins.





Such a gorgeous card!! Anita Bowden is our inspiration this week at Muse. These colours are so beautiful and I love how its masked/shaped into a circle, amazing! The one thing that I don't own (and really wish I did) was a set of circle die-cuts. Must put them on my Santa List.....




Unfortunately I didn't have the right coloured blue ink, its the lighter version. I decided not to use flowers and use these doily stamps instead. They started looking like snowflakes to me and was going to make it a Xmas card but suddenly realised I don't have any stamps or dies that say 'Merry Christmas'. Must remedy that immediately!!

After stamping the doilies, I heat embossed the sentiment in white and wrapped the vellum around the card. I then wanted some green highlight, so cut the light green hearts and adhered straight to the card. A couple of light green enamel dots and ta dah!! No where near as nice as Anita's card but always so good to be inspired to try new things.

The doily stamps are from Couture Creations and the sentiment from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments'. The light green paper is from Carta Bella 'So Noted' and was cut with a metal multi-heart die from CAS-ual Fridays'. The enamel dots are from My Minds Eye.

I'm also going to link this to the challenge at Addicted to Stamps #114 where their theme is 'Clean and Simple'. This is my third entry.

And will also join in the Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge where their theme is 'Anything Goes'. This is my third entry.

Better go check those brownies, they really do smell delicious. And so they should, Phoebe was horrified at the amount of butter and brown sugar they contain but if your going to have a brownie, have a REALLY GOOD one I say!!

Take care
Shona

13 comments:

  1. I love your take on my Muse card, it's really soft and feminine. Those doilies look really versatile so I may just have to add them to my wishlist, sounds like both of our lists are growing! :) Also, thanks so much for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x ...I hope those brownies are as delicious as they sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunner Shona, such a delicate and romantic take in Anita's cards. I hope the brownies were yummy!!! Thanks for joining us at ATSM and hope your week is going well x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that combination of light colours and the doilies and hearts! A beautiful card! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I struggled to find the 'blues' too, makes me think I 'need' more ink... I'm sure my hubby would disagree lol. Love your card Shona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love yout ake on the mUse challenge,
    your card is so retty and romantic.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft, serene and just lovely, Shona ... those gentle colours are gorgeous! So ... about the brownies ... were they gorgeous too ... are there any left?? Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card - I love how you interpreted the muse card.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card!!! I sure hope that you join me as my Guest Premiere at MUSE!! Would be overjoyed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this turned out beautifully! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Shona, this is a real beauty with the embossed vellum and those subtle colors! Great to see you playing again with us at ATSM. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this elegant card, Shona....those doily stamps look gorgeous and I love the vellum too! My boys watch Sam and Cat too - they wouldn't mind a brownie if there are any left :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet Muse card Shona...I love those sweet hearts and your soft colors. You always make cards that are so so beautiful and this is no exception. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog...you are a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Missing you at MUSE this week.... no pressure tho, I know how busy it gets!!!!!!
    HUGS Shona!!!!

    ReplyDelete