Sunday 28 September 2014

Cure for the Monday Blues #30

Well, we are only two days into the two weeks of school holidays and already I can see that card making time is going to be few and far between for a few weeks.

I was so happy that Taheerah extended the deadline for the latest Cure for the Monday Blues challenge because I love the picture but ran out of time last week. Well this week I haven't done any better but finally finished my card tonight. I started it at 2pm this afternoon and finished at 6.45pm. Between children wanting food, my husband losing things and my daughter wanting to bake, it took me a lot longer than usual to finish.

What a gorgeous scene this is and looks like a wonderful place to surf the net. I particularly loved the gold/triangle lamp base and the lovely minty wall colour. I used these as the main inspiration for my card:






I'm amazed I got such a sunny photo with it raining all day. One of the reasons I enjoy this challenge is it gives me a chance to try layering papers instead of my usual CAS design. Not that I do the layering well but so nice to try something new.

I adhered the mint paper straight to the card front and then cut a strip of my most favourite gold/triangle vellum to run down the middle. I die cut the frame and stamped with a sentiment that reminded me of the black frame of the computer screen. This was popped up on foam tape. I used my heart hole-punch to make the gold heart and two enamel dots in the similar minty colour.

The mint paper is from Dear Lizzy's 'Polka Dot Party'. The vellum from My Minds Eye 'Necessities'. The curvy frame metal die is from Couture Creations. The sentiment is from Jillibean Soup 'Birthday' and enamel dots are also from My Minds Eye.

I'm also going to link this to the Simon Says Stamp 'Wednesday Challenge' where their theme is 'Anything Goes'.

Everyone is tucked up in bed now and even though I want to go there myself, I have a few cards I want to start (and hopefully finish) while I have the time. Might have to whip out some Peanut M&M's to keep me awake (what an excuse!!). Such a shame I don't drink tea or coffee......

Take care
Shona

 

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Shona...love the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combined paperdesigns and a lovely layout! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Shona, you do layering beautifully ... and always with a fabulous combo of colours and patterns ... like this stunner! Such a brilliant take on the inspiration photo ... saw all the elements before even reading your post! So, do M&Ms come in liquid form?? Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the layout of your card! And the gold vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! So super pretty! I seriously love this. Just lots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would seriously hoard that vellum so kudos for using it!! The layering here is awesome and I would never guess that it's not something you practice to perfection on a regular basis! Perfectly chosen papers and accents to evoke the inspiration! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card Shona and I am in love with your take on the photo, just amazing. I have not seen gold vellum but so love how your used it! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous design! Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete