Monday 19 May 2014

Muse Challenge #67

I've discovered a new challenge that I thought looked really exciting. Each week they will show a card made by one of the designers or a guest designer and your asked to do your interpretation.  The only things they ask of you is that you:

  • Use the Muse card as inspiration, explain your interpretation and link back to Muse.
  • Provide supportive comments to at least 3 of your fellow member’s submissions. 
  • Vote for 3 of your fellow member's submissions that you find inspiring.
I thought this sounded really interesting and supportive of everyone participating, so thought I would give it a go!!

I love the Muse Challenge card this week as it was one of the techniques taught in the latest Online - Clean and Simple 3 Card Making Class.


I haven't tried this 'Graffiti' technique since the class, so wanted to try it again.

 
I wanted to base the card around a birthday but the only biggish word die I have is 'hello', so I used glitter paper for the die-cut and chose all word stamps that could be used for a birthday/party/celebration. I realised though that by choosing the glitter paper, I couldn't stamp my words over the die cut. Will remember that for next time.....

The glitter paper is from DCWV and all of the sentiments are from Rosie's Studio.

Off to vacuum now. The house is always in such a state after the weekend but I know that everyone had a good time running around, so its worth it!

Take care
Shona





6 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! I love your card and that inlayed hello is so fabulous. You are one busy crafter these days...so fun~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used and how you put all the stamps around the word hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really fun take on this week's Muse - so glad you joined us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card, Shona ... such a great choice of fonts and sentiments around the hello! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use glitter paper, you've reminded me that I have some in my stash and it really needs some love, thanks so much for the inspiration! ps love your card!

    ReplyDelete