Wednesday 21 May 2014

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge # 131

Beautiful, sunny day here again. Almost like Summer has come back so hopefully this means we will have a mild winter. Fingers crossed!

I'm terrible at leaving things to the last minute and thought it was about time I entered a card into the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.
I really liked the idea of using just 1/3 of a card but as usual had a hard time finding a stamp or die I could use 3 times.

 So this time I when thru my hand punches and decided on the heart and circle. I was just going to stamp in the middle and then inlay some patterned paper into the hearts but found out that using the punch doesn't make the edges clean enough to neatly in-lay. So I used the heart stamp as I thought they went with the sentiment. Simple and sweet!

The sentiment is from Rosies Studio, the heart stamp from Hero Arts 'Year Round Sentiments' and enamel dots from Papervine.

One more card to post and then hopefully I will get the call to pick up my Mum. She is having surgery on both of her hands today so is staying with us for two nights and then I will stay with her over the weekend. She was very nervous about it all so really hope she is feeling okay.

Take care
Shona


1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card, Shona ... so beautifully CAS! Hope your Mum's surgery goes well and she's back on her feet in no time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete