Sunday 11 May 2014

CASology: Week 94 'Metal'

My goodness I have done a few posts lately, you will be getting sick of me and my frantic card making. I'm sure my brain will start slowing down soon and I'll be back to struggling for ideas.
As you can see, the theme at CASology: Week 94 is 'Metal'. When I saw this word I immediately wished I had a heat gun and gold embossing powder but as I don't, once again I had to have a look thru my supplies for inspiration.
Recently on the Mama Elephant blog, I saw an amazing card by JJ Bolton (Here) and I fell in love with it. I wanted to try it out for myself (with a few tweaks) and see if I could get it to work.

I cut a section of the front of my card off and cut out the spotty paper to replace it. I then washi taped it from behind and die cut the 'hello' across the seam. I also die cut 'hello' from a piece of gold cardstock. I glued a strip of white cardstock behind it, stuck in the gold hello and then spent FOREVER sticking back all the paper pieces around it. It was painstaking and its not perfect but I'm so glad it worked out.

The spotty paper is from Teresa Collins 'You Are My Happy'. The 'hello' die cut is from The Crafters Workshop. The sequins are from The Warehouse and enamel dots from Papervine.

I desperately need more 'word' metal dies. For Mother's Day my children made up a voucher for me 'To Buy Craft Stuff off the Internet' and on the back it said 'Dad will pay for it'. So gorgeous and so thoughtful. They know how much I'm enjoying my crafting and they get to use all the products too, so its all good. 

Take care
Shona

 

6 comments:

  1. Yes! More word die cuts :-) You did a marvelous job with this. I have tried embedding and it is difficult. Worth your efforts though - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dies. Also love what you did here. An excellent CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooow yes the dies is adorable and love your idea with the metal challenge...great CAS design too...lovely card...if you have 5 minutes time maybe you like to see my card for this week challenge?It is number 12 to make you easier to find where is mine...I would be glad if you could leave me some love....hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I love your take on metal too, I would have never thought to use gold card stock, you are just too darn clever! Hope you having a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shona, this is quite fabulous! I have to try this technique too...you have inspired me! That gold hello just pops and sparkles so nicely! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! What a stunning gold die cut word, Shona ... fab scattering of sequins around it! What a great crafty gift from the children ... and with no limit!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete