Wednesday 28 May 2014

CASE Study Challenge # 192

UPDATE: Unfortunately I spent two hours trying to get the link to work for the CASE Study challenge but it just wouldn't let me select a picture or anything. Guttered I missed out but thats what I get for leaving till the last minute!!


Talk about getting in under the wire!! I was supposed to work on this card last night but was just too tired and didn't have an idea in mind.
Another gorgeous card from Wida, the Guest Designer at the CASE Study Challenge blog. I absolutely love this card with its eclectic mix of words, papers and embellishments. I just got rather stuck because I don't usually make my cards in this style. I tried not being so 'anal' and layer papers willy nilly but it just didn't fit. 

However, while driving home from dropping the kids at school this morning I had an idea. And it wouldn't leave me alone, so with 2 hours to go, I whipped up this card:
I know it still looks like I had my 'don't get carried away' hat on but I tried! I gathered all my papers from the same 6x6 pad and hand-cut them all out. Then I grouped together stamps from the same brand, having them around the idea of 'love'.

I then alternated the papers from being stuck straight to the card-stock, to being popped up on foam squares. I made sure the middle piece was popped up first because I wanted the heart (lathered in Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents) to shine. Its not a bad card for a very anal-retentive person like myself!

The papers are all from Teresa Collins 'Save the Date', the stamps from Rosies Studios and enamel dots from Papervine.

Now back to ironing and sorting out a drawer in my desk that is so full of stuff, I can't close it anymore. Oh, why can't I just make more cards........

Take care
Shona

 

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you had trouble linking up, Shona! It certainly wasn't our fault, but Inlinkz must have experienced another mishap again. It's not the first time, unfortunately :( I hope it won't bother you any more. Thank you for playing along and creating this beautiful card for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Shona. An excellent case study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, Shona ... what a great take on the inspiration card ... and yes, that heart shimmers and shines beautifully on the middle panel! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just such a sweet card...I love all your sweet sentiments, so perfect. Good luck with the challenge....I see a winner card here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your taken the inspiration piece! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete